Worst Actor/Actress Ever

Speed Demon

Practically every name listed so far has demonstrated at one time or another that they are capable of being pretty solid actors. Angelina Jolie managed it in Girl Interrupted, Sandler in Punch Drunk Love and Reign Over Me, Hayden Christensen in Shattered Glass....the list could go on with all the names....

...except one! Arnold Shwartzenegger. Whilst he definitely had a screen presence in great films of the 80s and early 90s, he cannot act his way out of a paper bag! Films such as 'End of Days' (or 'End of Career' as I tend to refer to it as) could have been so much better had someone been cast who could convey any form of emotions.

Practically every name listed so far has demonstrated at one time or another that they are capable of being pretty solid actors. Angelina Jolie managed it in Girl Interrupted, Sandler in Punch Drunk Love and Reign Over Me, Hayden Christensen in Shattered Glass....the list could go on with all the names....

...except one! Arnold Shwartzenegger. Whilst he definitely had a screen presence in great films of the 80s and early 90s, he cannot act his way out of a paper bag! Films such as 'End of Days' (or 'End of Career' as I tend to refer to it as) could have been so much better had someone been cast who could convey any form of emotions.

thats a bit like saying john wayne could'nt act . when wayne was on screen he dwarfed anybody round him with his presence.

movie screen acting is most of the time all about presence ,look at clint eastwood or brando in "apocalypse now" he could convey emotion with just a sideways glance:D

I know what you mean ,but I saw him in a one man play about jeffery bernard

were he was on stage for about 2 hrs and he was brilliant.

One of the worst actresse's i ever saw on stage was Elizabeth Taylor in "Little Foxes".

I know she was quite a good screen actor ,but on the stage she was amateur compared to the rest of the cast.Except i suppose she seemed to light up the stage with her presence but she did'nt have the voice control that is required for stage acting.

thats a bit like saying john wayne could'nt act . when wayne was on screen he dwarfed anybody round him with his presence.

movie screen acting is most of the time all about presence ,look at clint eastwood or brando in "apocalypse now" he could convey emotion with just a sideways glance:D

Yes, but you just admitted that Brando 'conveyed emotion'. Thus there is element of acting in there, not just a presence. Arnie cannot convey emotion.

In addition, I've commented to many people that Eastwood isn't that great an actor, more of an iconic presence (he has, however, on occasion shown skills at actual acting).

Acting, in my opinion, is far more than just a 'presence' or dominating a scene. Some of the best actors today are always cast in support roles as they don't dominate a film, but add heart, depth, or character to the minor roles they portray. The big name on the poster is not always the best actor (Keanu Reeves in Matrix - dominated the film, yet Joe Pantoliano out-acted him completely in his secondary role of Cypher...not forgetting Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith).

Archived