Worst Actor/Actress Ever

Speed Demon

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the woman who plays Rosie Webster. Shocking, and the worst part is she genuinely thinks she can act.

But does she? Is her playing dumb and crap acting, actually not an act in itself? I know Rosie as a character wants to be a model, and become famous, and probably thinks she can act, and the audience know that none of it is ever going to happen for her, shes just an airheaded idiot - Is the actress just acting stupid to play up to her character?

He couldn't. He always played exactly the same character, which was essentially his own real-life persona]

Wayne's was a natural actor ,it did not mean there was no work involved or no preparation for the part. On the contrary, every word he uttered, every move he made was studied and planned meticulously. He rejected the critics' charge that he “simply plays himself on the screen.” For one thing, he said, “It's quite obvious it can't be done.” Moreover, “if you are yourself, you'll be the dullest son of a bitch in the world on screen.” “You have to act yourself,” he reasoned, “you have to project something–a personality.”

Yes, but you just admitted that Brando 'conveyed emotion'. Thus there is element of acting in there, not just a presence. Arnie cannot convey emotion.

In addition, I've commented to many people that Eastwood isn't that great an actor, more of an iconic presence (he has, however, on occasion shown skills at actual acting).

Acting, in my opinion, is far more than just a 'presence' or dominating a scene. Some of the best actors today are always cast in support roles as they don't dominate a film, but add heart, depth, or character to the minor roles they portray. The big name on the poster is not always the best actor (Keanu Reeves in Matrix - dominated the film, yet Joe Pantoliano out-acted him completely in his secondary role of Cypher...not forgetting Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith).

I 'm not saying actings just about presence ,but we are talking about film not theater.

theres are lot of different types of presence especially in film.

I was listening to an orsen welles interveiw once were he was talking about jimmy cagney , who was one of is favourite actors ,he said that in real life you would never ever see anybody with a persona like james cagney ,yet when you see james cagney on the screen hes totaly beliveable you never for one minute think that he's acting .

is screen presence is like fireworks going off:hihi:

Pierce Brosnan, OK he was decent in the 2 James Bond movies he did, but in anything else he can't act for toffee, and he definitely can't sing, why they cast him in Mamma Mia I'll never know!

Wayne's was a natural actor ,it did not mean there was no work involved or no preparation for the part. On the contrary, every word he uttered, every move he made was studied and planned meticulously.

I don't dispute that he made an effort at acting. I'm just pointing out that he wasn't any good.

Archived