Right wingers less intelligent

Lord Rothermere was a supporter of Adolf Hitler well before the start of WWII. Also, Churchill was the chief guest at the banquet to celebrate the Daily Mails Golden Jubilee in 1946. you're selective at best in your comments, deceptive at worst and if so, probably defective of mind to boot.

Don't let the full truth get in the way of a rant.

It's still the only British National Newspaper that Supported Hitler. Of course once the wind started blowing, they quickly attentuated their vocal support for the Führer. But even as recently as 1992 they were dressing up as the Wehrmacht for the odd celebration or shindig.

Face it - it's the fascist's choice of newspaper, always has been, always will be.

It's still the only British National Newspaper that Supported Hitler. Of course once the wind started blowing, they quickly attentuated their vocal support for the Führer. But even as recently as 1992 they were dressing up as the Wehrmacht for the odd celebration or shindig.

Face it - it's the fascist's choice of newspaper, always has been, always will be.

I don't dispute it, but damning the paper for what the owner did or said more than a lifetime ago is pretty stupid. Then you have Churchill being the top billed guest and speaker at their celebration in 1946.

The truth is far more complicated that the simplistic example given.

What paper do you read then Rich ? I read the Daily Mail and have done so for a long time.. While we are generalising, Is it the Beano that you read because your continual slagging off of Daily Mail readers is so so tiresome and on a par intellectually with that of a beano reader. :rant:

The Star, and occassionally the Mirror for their celeb pages.

I don't dispute it, but damning the paper for what the owner did or said more than a lifetime ago is pretty stupid. Then you have Churchill being the top billed guest and speaker at their celebration in 1946.

The truth is far more complicated that the simplistic example given.

Just because Churchill led us in the fight against Hitler, does not make him a left wing libertarian you know.

He despised left thinking people, he was the one who turned the troops out on the striking miners at Tonypandy.

It's as if some of the above contributors have not actually read the article, preferring to sate their own prejudice instead of energising their synapses.

Perhaps they got distracted by the colourful pictures?

Well it is in the Daily Fail, and who on earth would want to read that?

I don't believe it for a minute, both sides can be pretty thick at times, but the real thickies are those who hate the mail one week, when its against their point of view and then post links to their articles when they agree with them.

To be perfectly honest I dislike the Mirror as much as the Daily Fail. Just because it's political stance sometimes chimes with my own does not make it any less mendacious, vacuous, barrel scraping and totally untrustworthy.

Just because Churchill led us in the fight against Hitler, does not make him a left wing libertarian you know.

He despised left thinking people, he was the one who turned the troops out on the striking miners at Tonypandy.

Top lad, that's the way to deal with them.

The Star, and occassionally the Mirror for their celeb pages.
It's all very well going off on one at every mention of the Mail, deriding its columns as right wing lies, but to follow that up with an admission that you read the Star and Mirror is, well, special.

Archived