Is talk talk any good?

My Dad's on TalkTalk Broadband in Stannington, and to say he's more than 3.5K from the exchange at Wadsley and thus only gets the slowest connection it's not too bad IMO, fast enough for Xbox Live anyway, as I brought my Xbox up over Christmas last year and it worked no problem.

Like any other supplier they have good and bad points....however i personally believe them to be the worst provider in the country.

Their billing department is a complete shambles and very disfunctional, the only time you get any kind of customer service is escalating the calls to the operations department who tend to be american or english most of the time.

We are in the process of starting legal action due to their biblical scale mishaps and we are moving to sky as soon as possible (stellar service and treat customers with respect).

Was with them for a while a few years ago and although i pay much more for BT now, i would NEVER go back to Talk Talk.

Like others have said, all ok until it goes wrong and then all you get is lies and excuses from its 'so called' technical support. When we finally changed provider (after much trouble) they tried to sue us for breach of contract. It was dropped in the end but it was a right royal pain in the arris and secured my promise never to go with them again.

Yes, I'm afraid my opinion goes along with many of the other posters on this one. If you don't have any technical or customer service issues then they're fine, but the moment anything goes wrong it becomes a pitched battle to get someone to sort it out and you're left paying for a service that you aren't actually receiving because of the fault that they won't (or can't) understand enough to sort it out.

I would rather not have a home phone at all than go back to them.

We were one of the first set of customers to sign up to them all those years ago - about 2005. They were good for a while but then the connection kept dropping - a right pain when working from home. I'd complain, they'd check the line and say that there was nothing wrong - but would reset my connection from their side anyhow. This would improve things for a while but then it would start dropping again after a week or two.

They then, for no reason, moved my direct debit date forward a week - which sometimes put it before payday. Whilst they stated that they advised me using the bill that I got, I argued with them that they should have sent me a letter out of courtesy (no legal need for them to do this though).

Anyhow, I finally cancelled and went to O2.

With O2 the connection is rock solid (touch wood) but ever so slightly slower. The changeover with O2 was dire - they forgot to flick a switch in the exchange which meant we were without a phone line for about four days.

Then, a few months ago had a fault with the line and they were awful. Even though they have UK only call centres, the staff are so rude and just don't seem to put the customer first.

I will be looking to move broadband supplier once this contract is up but wouldn't go back to Talk Talk.

EDIT

I've heard it's pretty bad. I'd go with 02 if I were you (either for broadband or phone).

Excellent service :)

Obviously we all have different experiences.

PS - question for the OP, who are you with now? If you do have issues with Talk Talk and then move to a line hosted by BT, you may have to pay a connection charge.

Archived