Science vs Religion

It must be very frustrating for you knowing that you will never have the answers.

I'll answer that from my POV if you don't mind, and speaking as somebody who was once immersed in the Christian faith.

Accepting that you will never know the answers is quite liberating actually, particularly in comparison to thinking, or being led to believe, that you do have the answers.

Accepting that you will never know the answers is what attaining knowledge is all about, perhaps even what being alive is all about.

Changing my mind about something is a pleasure which I relish, and I actively look at evidence with the prospect of changing my mind and/or attaining knowledge.

The contrast to how I was, and how many people of faith are, is quite stark. I now feel quite sad for people that think they have the answers, and therefore have to dismiss evidence and the liberating prospect of changing their minds.

It must be quite frustrating thinking you have the answers.

. I now feel quite sad for people that think they have the answers, and therefore have to dismiss evidence and the liberating prospect of changing their minds.

It must be quite frustrating thinking you have the answers.

The liberty must have been a calming? release for you. Thanks for the sympathy though i'm touched by the concern.

It must be very frustrating for you knowing that you will never have the answers.

It's more frustrating not knowing to which post of mine to which you refer. You appear to have cocked up the quote function.

Please tell me which post you refer to, or simply tell me which questions you feel frustrate me by my lack of knowledge regarding their solutions.

(Whatever the question, I'd rather know that I didn't have the answer than have the wrong answer.)

It's more frustrating not knowing to which post of mine to which you refer. You appear to have cocked up the quote function.

Please tell me which post you refer to, or simply tell me which questions you feel frustrate me by my lack of knowledge regarding their solutions.

(Whatever the question, I'd rather know that I didn't have the answer than have the wrong answer.)

Can't be bothered, it would be a waste of my time.Its obvious the door to your mind is slammed shut.

Sorry about the **** up.

Can't be bothered, it would be a waste of my time.Its obvious the door to your mind is slammed shut.

Sorry about the **** up.

It's people who are certain that they have all the answers that have closed minds. I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out.

Please watch this vid...

Sorry about the **** up.

It is ironically annoying/funny (depending on how you look at it) that theists tend to say this about atheists. A theist tends to believe that ONLY their beliefs are correct, with their minds firmly closed to the possibility that any of the other many faiths' beliefs are correct (ie, worship the correct god/s).

An atheist such as myself has no beliefs about gods and is therefore open to all possibilities.

It is ironically annoying/funny (depending on how you look at it) that theists tend to say this about atheists. A theist tends to believe that ONLY their beliefs are correct, with their minds firmly closed to the possibility that any of the other many faiths' beliefs are correct (ie, worship the correct god/s).

An atheist such as myself has no beliefs about gods and is therefore open to all possibilities.

What would be the point of a theist following a faith if they believed another faith was the right faith.Some of them shop around to check the goods before deciding,while still appreciating others have good things to offer.

But atheists are not open to the idea of god

That is bull, something miraculously would need to happen for them to believe god

You keep on waiting roots for when scientists bump in to him

What would be the point of a theist following a faith if they believed another faith was the right faith.

None. ...exactly the same as following a faith that they believe was the right faith, but was not. None.

Some of them shop around to check the goods before deciding,while still appreciating others have good things to offer.

Shop around? There are 39,000 different varieties of christianity alone, never mind all the other abrahamic religions nor all the other faiths, past and present. How would you ever know you had the "right" one?

Archived