Science vs Religion

Seems that atheists make things difficult.

As I said before why not be clear about things and declare oneself as a believer or non believer.

There's nothing complicated about not believing in any gods

What would be the point of a theist following a faith if they believed another faith was the right faith.

I'm not concerned with the "point" of it. You claimed that atheists are closed minded, I was simply showing how theists are more closed minded.

Some of them shop around to check the goods before deciding,while still appreciating others have good things to offer.
Few get to choose, and once they have chosen their faith/beliefs, the mind usually closes to all the other faiths and beliefs.

Many more theists never had the choice, they were told what to believe from a young age. Some decide for themselves later in life but for most the damage is already done and even if there was proof that their beliefs are wrong, they would unlikely stop believing.

Few get to choose, and once they have chosen their faith/beliefs, the mind usually closes to all the other faiths and beliefs.

Many more theists never had the choice, they were told what to believe from a young age. Some decide for themselves later in life but for most the damage is already done and even if there was proof that their beliefs are wrong, they would unlikely stop believing.

I was told what to believe at a young age,then as a young adult i was given a choice whether to reject or accept,that choice still applies and i choose to accept.

Perhaps if i had never been told what to believe like so many atheists, i would have been an atheist.

You assume i'm damaged,because i'm not an atheist you use the same speech as a dogmatic atheist.

End of discussion.

So how do you explain converts then?

I was told what to believe at a young age,then as a young adult i was given a choice whether to reject or accept,that choice still applies and i choose to accept.

Perhaps if i had never been told what to believe like so many atheists, i would have been an atheist.

You assume i'm damaged,because i'm not an atheist you use the same speech as a dogmatic atheist.

End of discussion.

I don't assume you are damaged. You said you made your own choice, so where is the damage?

Move on to someone else,they're is nothing that appeals to me about atheism so i'm not buying it.

What are you talking about? Redwhine hasn't tried to "sell" you atheism. There was no mention of it in that post at all.

The reason why nothing about atheism appeals to is because there is very little to atheism to begin with. It's not a religion, club, team or belief system. It makes no offers or promises, it doesn't make you a good or bad person.

It is simply a label of status.

Archived