Science vs Religion

Why would I need to explain converts? I haven't said anything dismissing them.

Not directly- but you said

Originally Posted by RootsBooster View Post

Many more theists never had the choice, they were told what to believe from a young age. Some decide for themselves later in life but for most the damage is already done and even if there was proof that their beliefs are wrong, they would unlikely stop believing.

The last part of your quote was what prompted me to ask about converts - as some do change faith once it can be shown that what they believe may not be correct.

I'm not going in to specific religions/reasons RB- just raising the point.

Not directly- but you said

Many more theists never had the choice, they were told what to believe from a young age. Some decide for themselves later in life but for most the damage is already done and even if there was proof that their beliefs are wrong, they would unlikely stop believing.

The last part of your quote was what prompted me to ask about converts - as some do change faith once it can be shown that what they believe may not be correct.

I'm not going in to specific religions/reasons RB- just raising the point.

I'm glad you raised the point, I see the mistake you have made. You inadvertently appear to have completely forgotten to bold the most important part of that sentence. Would you like me to correct that for you? I will do...

Some decide for themselves later in life but for most the damage is already done and even if there was proof that their beliefs are wrong, they would unlikely stop believing.

I know it was a mistake, I don't believe anyone would cherry pick my words or quote them out of context.

Do I still need to explain converts?

I'm glad you raised the point, I see the mistake you have made. You inadvertently appear to have completely forgotten to bold the most important part of that sentence. Would you like me to correct that for you? I will do...

I know it was a mistake, I don't believe anyone would cherry pick my words or quote them out of context.

Do I still need to explain converts?

I don't see it as a mistake- just you not making it clear.

May be you have not come across many converts or had time with them- I have. That includes those you put in bold- who one thought would never change/were beyond it... but did and for the better.

I don't see it as a mistake- just you not making it clear.

I couldn't really have made it clearer, other than bolding the parts you missed. I did that.

Speaking of making it clearer...

May be you have not come across many converts or had time with them- I have. That includes those you put in bold- who one thought would never change/were beyond it... but did and for the better.

Many? A moment ago you said "some".....

.....which agrees exactly with what I said.....

Some decide for themselves later in life

You need to make yourself clearer.

Also, this bit...

That includes those you put in bold- who one thought would never change/were beyond it... but did and for the better.

Somebody who you thought would never change but did, is not somebody who never changes (which is what I was talking about). It's quite the opposite actually.

Archived