Nandos-pub or restaurant?

mart

I have been travelling on the trams a bit lately, and each time I went past that place called Nandos (think it is Hillsborough area)? it always looked busy. What is that place-is it a restaurant or large pub? Seems popular.What is the food like? Is it noisy?

Its an over rated "restaurant" where you queue to order your own food, serve yourself a drink, then get the food brought to you to which you pay a service charge. The food is good, but nothing you couldn't make at home, and I think it might just be the current "cool" chain to go to.

Nando's is a spicy chicken restaurant. Pretty decent value and the food is generally good, if you like peri peri chicken. They do it in various strengths and you add chips, corn, coleslaw etc. All flame cooked to order and proper eating with hands stuff. They used to do a loyalty card which after you had been so many times you claim a free half chicken.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I used it love it a few years ago, and one of the few things I miss since becoming vegetarian.

Thanks for the helpful answers.

Already checked the website Scargill, but the "other" replies on here told it as it is.:cool:

Well, 4 replies doesnt exactly give you a balanced view, the fact that it always full and is very popular tells its own story.

I have never been so will not pass judgment, my teenage / early 20's children think it is great, but everyone to their own.

The only way you will know is to try it.

You did ask is it a large bar or restaurant, well the web site will give you that answer, you also thought it was in Hillsborough when it is infact on West Street, the student / bar street of Sheffield

Well, 4 replies doesnt exactly give you a balanced view, the fact that it always full and is very popular tells its own story.

I have never been so will not pass judgment, my teenage / early 20's children think it is great, but everyone to their own.

The only way you will know is to try it. You did ask is it a large bar or restaurant, well the web site will give you that answer, you also thought it was in Hillsborough when it is infact on West Street, the student / bar street of Sheffield

I tend to think that a company’s website are only ever going to promote the positive aspects, and recommendations from people who have tried a place or service tend to be less biased. However, like you say the only way is to try it

I am not too familiar with Sheffield, and when I was on the tram it was dark. I said I thought it was Hillsbrough (followed by a question mark) Thank you for clarifying where it actually is located. I know more now than before i posted.

Archived