Nandos-pub or restaurant?

mart

I do like chicken, so does my other half (she loves nandos) but looking at the menu, its nothing special...

It is if you like spicy chicken. Few places do it better and I've had peri peri chicken in many many places

It is if you like spicy chicken. Few places do it better and I've had peri peri chicken in many many places

Could always go to morrisons and buy peri peri sauce....

And my REAL reason for not wanting to go there....every single time I walk past it (and thats a lot) its always full of chavs, and what "appear" to be students.

At my age, I prefer something a little more refined :hihi:

I didn't think it was a serious question when the OP was asking what Nando's was - that's a surprise because it's just about as common these-days as Pizza Hut, KFC or TGI Fridays.

It's (supposedly) Portuguese in origin and if you like chicken you'll probably like Nando's. If you don't like chicken though I think you may be a bit stuck.

Anyhow - bottom line is - it's a chain restaurant that sells chicken with various levels of spicing from mild (lemon and herb) to extra hot. If you fancy chicken and chips it's pretty good value for money to be fair. And the Portuguese Bock beer and wine is pretty decent too.

I didn't think it was a serious question when the OP was asking what Nando's was - that's a surprise because it's just about as common these-days as Pizza Hut, KFC or TGI Fridays.

It's (supposedly) Portuguese in origin and if you like chicken you'll probably like Nando's. If you don't like chicken though I think you may be a bit stuck.

Anyhow - bottom line is - it's a chain restaurant that sells chicken with various levels of spicing from mild (lemon and herb) to extra hot. If you fancy chicken and chips it's pretty good value for money to be fair. And the Portuguese Bock beer and wine is pretty decent too.

Yep, a group of us were in Portugal in October - Superbock is lethal :hihi:

I can assure you it was a serious question, and as common/well known as it is to you/others, i had never heard of it. Like i said, i only saw it when i went on a tram. Only went on a tram for the first time ever this year. Previously had no reason or desire to go on one. Live in Rotherham (no trams), and either walk, cycle or drive, and very rarely catch a bus or train.

I must say, i found the trams warmer than the buses, but not as warm as the train. Why are the buses freezing cold?

Think KFC but expensive.

It's just extremely pricey fast-food. Nothing spectacular or even above average. However, for some unknown reason it seems to be 'chic' at the moment.

You clearly dont know what you are talking about on this subject.

It's as different to KFC as Wagamamma is to Pot Noodle, but im not knocking KFC- it also does what it does rather well.

A quarter chicken with 2 sides for £6.85 is hardly extremely pricey.

Check it out, you might like it

I can assure you it was a serious question, and as common/well known as it is to you/others, i had never heard of it. Like i said, i only saw it when i went on a tram. Only went on a tram for the first time ever this year. Previously had no reason or desire to go on one. Live in Rotherham (no trams), and either walk, cycle or drive, and very rarely catch a bus or train.

I must say, i found the trams warmer than the buses, but not as warm as the train. Why are the buses freezing cold?

If you ever catch one of these tram transportation contraptions again, and it passes a building with a big yellow M on a pole you can tell all your friends you've seen a 'McDonalds'. This is a fast food restaurant that serves a dish known as 'beef burgers'.. dont ask.. its an american thing!

Nando's is a spicy chicken restaurant. Pretty decent value and the food is generally good, if you like peri peri chicken. They do it in various strengths and you add chips, corn, coleslaw etc. All flame cooked to order and proper eating with hands stuff. They used to do a loyalty card which after you had been so many times you claim a free half chicken.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I used it love it a few years ago, and one of the few things I miss since becoming vegetarian.

Vegetarian? :gag: if u enjoy something go for it! :) id be lost with out meat! :love: will be getting rid of my nandos virginity soon :thumbsup:

If you ever catch one of these tram transportation contraptions again, and it passes a building with a big yellow M on a pole you can tell all your friends you've seen a 'McDonalds'. This is a fast food restaurant that serves a dish known as 'beef burgers'.. dont ask.. its an american thing!

There are some of them in Rotherham. Have you heard of Rotherham?

Archived