Snow socks have you used them ?

... but so is a sack of rocksalt

In this country, if a road is impassible without snow socks, it'll be full of abandoned vehicles too, which you're unlikely to be able to get past

If you do get some, let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

I've bought a set last October in preparation for a bad winter (last winter I was working away for 6 months in Afghanistan, so missed all the fun). I thought best be prepared. They've been in the boot of my car. Didn't get the chance to use them today as it's really not that bad. I obviously live in Walkley which is hilly, but there was no need for them. I'll let you know if and when I use them. I paid £69.95 from this site...

http://www.snowchainsandsocks.co.uk/

... but so is a sack of rocksalt

In this country, if a road is impassible without snow socks, it'll be full of abandoned vehicles too, which you're unlikely to be able to get past

If you do get some, let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

I disagree, if you're stuck at the bottom of a hill then a set of snow socks is more than likely going to get you up and on to your destination. You aren't forced to stick in the tracks made by other cars, so can easily navigate round them.

In the same situation you'd need a hefty sized bag of rock salt and a shovel to clear and grit a path up for yourself.

I got mine from here; http://www.roofbox.co.uk/car-snow-socks/ They're the Autosock ones. I got 'last years' model as these were £20 cheaper and are actually better than the previous years;

Autosock have recently reviewed their application guide, resulting a reduced range of Autosock sizes available, with each new size covering a wider range of tyres. The only difference between this year's stock and last year's is the size, there is no difference in the quality or manufacturing of the products. The old stock is being sold at a reduced price to clear our stocks of sizes that are no longer produced by Autosock. In fact, as the older size Autosock fits a smaller range of tyres than its current equivalent, you may find that last year's size gives a better fit for your tyre size. If you have any further queries, please contact us.

The way I've had them explained to me is; remember when we were younger and we went out in the snow with thick woolen gloves on to make snowballs? Well the snow used to sort of stick to the wool, a bit like velcro, I do recall this happening, well they work like that, improving your traction.

Archived