Snow socks have you used them ?

it was great fun watching the twits on tv last year. one was saying he had been stuck for 2 and half hours. where was he going?

mcdonalds just at the end of the road.

they should have road toll charges in force for anyone who drives when it is snowing - it will easily pay for the gritters and more.

anyone used these and what is the verdict ? heard some different reports but thinking of getting some.

Funnily enough, I've just tested my Autosocks, on a Golf Bluemotion. A Golf with low rolling resistance tyres that are absoultely useless in snow.

Tyres fitted to reduce all that nasty CO2 that was going to make snow a thing of the past!

Fitted the socks (took about ten minutes as it's the first time they've been out of the bag). I recommend a pair of latex gloves - good grip on the snow socks and keep your hands warm / dry)

The difference was night and day, the car just sailed up the hills, where before it was struggling on just a slight incline.

Used them for the first time yesterday, it is easiest to put them on (remove your coat) then let the car roll back rather than driving forward when fitting. They won't go on neatly at first but do self centre when driving, believe me I was amazed when driving up my hill, I won't say anything about getting them but just get THEM, I know my hill. Autosocks are sold by Vauxhall dealers, the bloke was a bit surprised when I bought a pair in June!

Archived