Bus and Tram and travel Snow Updates - Sat 4th - Tues 7th Feb

The Twitter feed give above is about as up to date as anything; that doesn't yet have anything on it about the 97 being cancelled, but unless you absolutely have to go out I'd recommend not bothering. Any bus service could suddenly stop running at any time.

it was for my mum, shes finishes at half 8 and me or my dad can't get down ffrom stannington in car. looks like it might be running still otherwise she'll be walking

Once again a little bit of snow and our services grind to a halt.Just how crap are Sheffield council when it comes to dealing with snow F/ing useless, they could'nt smell a fart in a brown paper bag

the unique geology of sheffield causes a number of problems at this time of year and sheffield council have dealt with the situation correctly and as well anyone can.

they cannot force bus companies to run buses when they feel it is unsafe to do and i really dont think anyone want a bus full of passengers hurtling to their doom down one of our many hills.

I'm getting on a bit and grew up st Gleadless Town End. I don't ever remember the buses going off or being sent home from school/work early because of snow. Neither have I ever walked home. Must have been made of sterner stuff in them days.

I'm getting on a bit and grew up st Gleadless Town End. I don't ever remember the buses going off or being sent home from school/work early because of snow. Neither have I ever walked home. Must have been made of sterner stuff in them days.

Does "getting on a bit" mean that you grew up in the era of trams and not buses?

Archived