SY Police guildines for taking a victim statement

Ahhh, thank you sweetie :)

Unfortunatly its not what im after, i meant the statement a victim makes to the police if they are reporting a crime.

Ive tried to find it on that website you link to but it seems im either more blonde than even i thought i was or its not on there :(

Unfortunatly its not what im after, i meant the statement a victim makes to the police if they are reporting a crime.

Ive tried to find it on that website you link to but it seems im either more blonde than even i thought i was or its not on there :(

won't that depend on what crime the victim is reporting?

Perhaps you could be a little more specific - what exactly is the issue?

Sorry, im just not wanting to give too much away.

If someone is the victim of a physical assault in the street which they then report to the police, how should the officer behave?

Can they give personal opinion, can they refuse to allow you to have the interview in both the police station and your home instead insisting on an alternative location, can they shout at you and call you names?

Thats as much as i can say so any help would be great.

:)

Sorry, im just not wanting to give too much away.

If someone is the victim of a physical assault in the street which they then report to the police, how should the officer behave?

Can they give personal opinion, can they refuse to allow you to have the interview in both the police station and your home, can they shout at you and call you names?

Thats as much as i can say so any help would be great.

:)

Can they give personal opinion? Yes.

Can you insist that it occurs at the station or at home? No.

Can they shout at you and call you names? Debatable, but I suppose it depends on the state you were in.

I'm guessing this was a busy situation and that you had taken drink.

Can they give personal opinion? Yes.

Can you insist that it occurs at the station or at home? No.

Can they shout at you and call you names? Debatable, but I suppose it depends on the state you were in.

I'm guessing this was a busy situation and that you had taken drink.

Thank you, Halibut

No, it wasnt busy and no i had'nt had a drink.

I was stone cold sober and just about to set off to the police station for my pre-arranged statement interview when they turned up and insisted i couldnt have the interview at the station. I told them id like to have it at home then as that was somewhere i felt safe and secure but i was refused this too.

Archived