SY Police guildines for taking a victim statement

Thank you, Halibut

No, it wasnt busy and no i had'nt had a drink.

I was stone cold sober and just about to set off to the police station for my pre-arranged statement interview when they turned up and insisted i couldnt have the interview at the station. I told them id like to have it at home then as that was somewhere i felt safe and secure but i was refused this too.

Where did the interview take place then?

Did they give a reason ……….. when a car knocked me off my bicycle the police came to my house for a statement.

No, no reason. I asked several times if i could reschedule for a different day but they said no. It had to be then and it had to be where they said.

Where did the interview take place then?

Im not saying, sorry :)

Im not saying, sorry :)

Without knowing that, it's really difficult to offer any further comment or advice. I would imagine there was some kind of rationale for their decision, but without knowing where the interview occurred it's impossible to guess at it.

What about the names they called you? What were those?

That is certainly very odd.

I know, it got me spooked in a big way at the time but i let it go for some reason but now things have moved on a little im in a situation where i have to relive something horrible that happened to me almost every day and this event was compounded by horrible policing.

That is certainly very odd.

I'm not sure that it's that odd - I daresay they're very busy people; if they conducted the interview in a public toilet or up a tree, then yes, very odd, but without knowing where it occured it's impossible to say really.

I'm not sure that it's that odd - I daresay they're very busy people; if they conducted the interview in a public toilet or up a tree, then yes, very odd, but without knowing where it occured it's impossible to say really.

Its not the locaton that they chose (although it was a humililitaing place for it to happen) thats the main problem. Its the fact that they chose it and refused all of my suggestions. I was and still am the victim of a crime, not the accused.

If it was down to them being busy then surely the best bet would have been to let me come to the station as arranged or even do the statement in my home, instead i was taken to another location and spoke to like dirt. :(

I'm assuming you mean a witness statement. In which case, if you weren't comfortable with the situation you were under no obligation to actually give the statement, so could have terminated the situation and then contacted them again later?

Yes, a witness statement. I didnt know i could have done this. I wish i had now :(

Archived