So the US is angry that the Russians and Chinese have used their veto..

Unless you're travelling first / business, Heathrow has always been a pit, and with respect Buck, one commercial journey in the last 20 years doesn't really qualify you any more than flying with the military.

The changes in security measures are nonsensical and completely down to politicians overreacting, just like the expeditionary folly in the middle east.

That one commercial journey in twenty years turns out to be a yearly visit to Ireland from 1982 to 2008, a weekly trip from Montreal to Toronto for some years, from Connecticut to Florida every couple of years on family business. Numerous trips to Pulp and Paper Industry conferences in Florida, California, Washington State, Ontario ,Quebec, Maine, New Brunswick, Pennsylvania, and New York State. Domestic flights within the US are not too stringently checked out. The check out at Shannon is flimsy at best. Arriving at Heathrow for my brother's funeral in 1989 long before 9/11, I was assailed by a woman immigration official, who on checking my US passport noted that I was born in Sheffield, England. She asked me my intention and I said I was here for my brother's funeral. Without the slightest word of sympathy she assured me I could not work or stay longer than six months. When Britain joined the EU, Canadian and Australian citizens had to line up with foreign nationals while Europeans walked right in.

That one commercial journey in twenty years turns out to be a yearly visit to Ireland from 1982 to 2008, a weekly trip from Montreal to Toronto for some years, from Connecticut to Florida every couple of years on family business. Numerous trips to Pulp and Paper Industy conferences in Florida, California, Washington State, Ontario ,Quebec, Maine, New Brunswick, Pennsylvania, and New York State.

Thats a lot of traveling...also Buck, sorry for your loss , you know what I mean .

Yes that dam Richard Reid caused all these hold-ups at the airports, whatever happend to that ugly looking bugger anyhow.:gag:

Doing time in a US prison. (Alumni Brixton Mosque, London)

Then there's that other one, Al Qatada who should be doing time in a British prison but is still running around as free as a bird.

the more I hear about Russia's stance on this the more I agree with them. this should be dealt with my the Arab league. They tell the rest of the world to sod off quick enough when its something in their interest. I don't see why we need to once again clean up their mess. Why cant they use all that military hardware we keep selling them to sort their own problems?

The last time I flew into Heathrow was in 2007. Took 45 minutes just to get through passports check. There was a line about a mile long and only three passport officers working the counters When we finally escaped and went to the baggage carousel the carousel had been shut down and all the baggage gone. After hunting around we finally found ours stacked up with a pile of others near another carousel.

That airport has to be one of the world's worst for flying out of also. If the airline tells you to be there 2 hours before your departure flight make sure you're there 3 hours before.

the more I hear about Russia's stance on this the more I agree with them. this should be dealt with my the Arab league. They tell the rest of the world to sod off quick enough when its something in their interest. I don't see why we need to once again clean up their mess. Why cant they use all that military hardware we keep selling them to sort their own problems?

Why have an Arab League, what makes them different from the United Nations, which cover many nations and many religeous beliefs? Who said anything about us cleaning up their mess, whatever that means?

The last time I flew into Heathrow was in 2007. Took 45 minutes just to get through passports check. There was a line about a mile long and only three passport officers working the counters When we finally escaped and went to the baggage carousel the carousel had been shut down and all the baggage gone. After hunting around we finally found ours stacked up with a pile of others near another carousel.

That airport has to be one of the world's worst for flying out of also. If the airline tells you to be there 2 hours before your departure flight make sure you're there 3 hours before.

Lol ! - thanks for the tip, HM :D

Yes I watch Fox news among several others. Better than getting my ideas from the Andy Pandy show as you seem to do.

Actually no that is not true.

People who watch Fox news are generally less well informed that people who watch no news! :hihi:

Note: This is not a joke, I may find it funny, but I am serious. Have some lovely sauce.

You literally are better off watching a Children's show, you will learn more.

You ask for it. If you jump on the clown wagon with Tony and Frank you set yourself up. :D
?!? Have you no intellectual honesty at all?

You made a whiny arrogant post about how I didn't give one of your posts a proper response, so I did, I typed out a thought out, proper answer that addressed each and every point you made.

You did not have a response so chose to insult me instead. Don't lie and pretend I was 'asking for it'. I had nothing to do with it, it was all on you.

Archived