So the US is angry that the Russians and Chinese have used their veto..

]This was the second timw I was told I couldn't work or stay loger than six months. THe first time was on a visit in 1976[/b]. I therefore decided to put a Visitor to Britain sticker on my rented car along with a maple leaf decal I'd brought with me. Visiting my Pal in Cornwall' date=' who was a veteran of DDay, he was appalled that a long service navy veteran like me should be treated this way. He also noted the visitor sticker and laughed. He said he didn't know anyone who knew the roads of Britain bettert than I.[/quote']

Just bureaucratic prattle buck. If you decided at anytime you wanted to return to live permanently in the UK you would only have to show your UK birth certificate and tell them you're back for good and there's nothing they could do about it.

You cannot lose your UK nationality

Remember these attacks were on aircraft on their way to the US. The security checks were not made correctly at the source of departure, at least one of them originated in UK.

Which one came out of the UK Buck, I don't recall that?

I just checked Richard Reid and as I thought, he boarded an American aeroplane in Paris and flew direct to Florida. His CV makes sorry reading you know, it doesn't seem much of a surprise that he took the course he did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Reid

But what about the National Enquirer?

"... Somewhere in a remote part of England ...":hihi::hihi::hihi:

Finish it ! ..... "Angelina Jolie was kidnapped by aliens" :hihi:

That poor woman gets more stories about her in that rag than even Charles and Camilla

I only wonder why there has to be so much hatred for the US as is obvious on SF. The only time I respond is when I feel my adopted home is being unfairly attacked. I have never initiated an attack on my homeland.
absolute nonsense, you've done so in this very post!

I don't hate the USA, in fact I'd say I think its pretty great. I've been there several times and intend to go again. You're attacking me for positions I do not hold.

You're just totally wrong basically.

You people attack Mc.Donalds and blame the US for it, but you eat there.
No I don't, on both counts.

You blame us for the Americanization of the English language
No I do not.

. We don't have an equivalent to the Daily Mail in the US, and don't need one.
You're right you don't need one, because you've already got Fox news, which has even lower journalistic standards.

The government is establishing a "trusted passenger" data base of people who agree to be fingerprinted and submit to a background check.

These people will no longer be required to wait in long lines, remove shoes, empty carry ons and be X-rayed at major US airports. Instead they will be able to pass through security in less than half the time. A great idea whose time has come and airport administrators reckon it will lessen the waiting time for the rest who are not on the data base.

absolute nonsense, you've done so in this very post!

I don't hate the USA, in fact I'd say I think its pretty great. I've been there several times and intend to go again. You're attacking me for positions I do not hold.

You're just totally wrong basically.

No I don't, on both counts.

No I do not.

You're right you don't need one, because you've already got Fox news, which has even lower journalistic standards.

Meaning their particular views happen to disagree with yours :hihi:

The government is establishing a "trusted passenger" data base of people who agree to be fingerprinted and submit to a background check.

These people will no longer be required to wait in long lines, remove shoes, empty carry ons and be X-rayed at major US airports. Instead they will be able to pass through security in less than half the time. A great idea whose time has come and airport administrators reckon it will lessen the waiting time for the rest who are not on the data base.

Good idea. The US has had such a scheme (for immigration control) for many years. It usually takes me about 5 seconds to go through immigration - then I have to wait a minute or two while they check my wife.

Archived