So the US is angry that the Russians and Chinese have used their veto..

What happened to bent, spindled or mutilated?

You didn't pick up the reference?

Social commentary, life advice, a superb Sheffield actor, and other clips with the architecture of William Clough Ellis, and a flimsy excuse to watch Lotus 7's videos, the day probably won't get any better than this. :)

Which one came out of the UK Buck, I don't recall that?

I just checked Richard Reid and as I thought, he boarded an American aeroplane in Paris and flew direct to Florida. His CV makes sorry reading you know, it doesn't seem much of a surprise that he took the course he did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Reid

OK, I'll give you that one, I assumed, since he's a Brit, he'd leave from the UK.

absolute nonsense, you've done so in this very post!

I don't hate the USA, in fact I'd say I think its pretty great. I've been there several times and intend to go again. You're attacking me for positions I do not hold.

You're just totally wrong basically.

No I don't, on both counts.

No I do not.

You're right you don't need one, because you've already got Fox news, which has even lower journalistic standards.

Which I never watch.

... re. the horrific situation in Syrian :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-16890107

-------

Maybe they're just following Washington's lead everytime it vetos something that condemns Israel for it's illegal settlements, expulsions, and killing of Palestinians ?

US vetoes UN condemnation of Israeli settlements

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/19/us-veto-israel-settlement

-------

US Vetoes Resolution Against Israel on UN Killings

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/1221-08.htm

-------

US vetoes UN draft condemning Israel's killing of civilians

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article15573.htm

-------

Hypocrisy at it's finest :cool:

No, Israel has the right to defend itself. Syria who cares?

No, meaning Fox have appallingly low standards of journalism.

I'm not a watcher of Fox news. The last time I saw the Bill Oh Really Show must have been sometime last winter.

Now then Halibut elaborate more on your "low standards of jounalism" remark. Define exactly highbrow and lowbrow. I dont read the Times or the National Enquirer and I'm a graduate of a British Secondary Modern School.

In short I'm a complete layman when it comes to journalistic standards and the Queen's English for that matter.

Be my guest

I await with bated breath

It's an appalling idea. That is for criminals who present a genuine danger to the air transport network.

We, you, I must not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, debriefed or numbered.

It puts and end to the ridiculous practice of treating every passenger as a potential terrorist.

Little old gray haired grannies from Kansas and schoolkids clutching Ipads wont have to submit to all this rigmarole for the sake of not offending people who could be profiled as the real thing in the name of political correctness

It puts and end to the ridiculous practice of treating every passenger as a potential terrorist.

Little old gray haired grannies from Kansas and schoolkids clutching Ipads wont have to submit to all this rigmarole for the sake of not offending people who could be profiled as the real thing in the name of political correctness

No Harleyman, it doesn't, and you know why? It doesn't work.

Every single terrorist attack on US and UK soil has been carried out by people who would pass straight through a background check enabled retina scan.

Think on - most of our terrorists are home grown, clean skins, they only have to get on a train to London, or park their van at the foot of the World Trade Centre, or crouch behind a grassy knoll.

Don't kid yourself that giving your ID to the state makes you safe when the opposite is true.

it's a shame that it could be anybody blowing up your friendly neighborhood aircraft, even little old ladies from Kansas and schoolkids. But they can. Everyone is suspect.

I suspect that many of the TSA posts are 'minimum wage' jobs.

My brother in law flies fairly frequently.

One one occasion, he was stopped by TSA who decided he shouldn't board an aircraft because his name was on a 'No fly' list.

He said: "If I cant go on that aircraft, it isn't going anywhere."

One agitated TSA man. "Whaddya mean, if you don't go on it it isn't going anywhere? Are you threatening this flight sir?"

"No. I'm the Aircraft Captain."

You would've thought that the blue suit with the jacket with 4 gold rings around the sleeves would've been a clue.

Not the sharpest tools in the box.

Shortly after X-ray devices for baggage were introduced at the check-in at Albuquerque, the TSA boss had to issue a warning to TSA personnel. They were taking turns at riding on the baggage conveyor through the X-rax machine (with the other watching the screen.) Apparently they wanted to see what the inside of their bodies looked like.:hihi:

On one occasion, my BIL'S co-pilot was stopped by TSA because he had a pencil sharpener - little metal device about an inch and a half long with a one-inch blade. The TSA man said "You can't take that on the aircraft, it's a weapon! You could remove the blade and attack the Captain with it."

"Don't be stupid!"

"I'm not being stupid! - It's a weapon!"

"Look, if I wanted to attack the captain, I wouldn't bother using a pencil sharpener. There's a fire axe fixed to the back of his seat. I'd reach over, grab it and belt him with it."

The flight was delayed.

Archived