So the US is angry that the Russians and Chinese have used their veto..

yeah, I should listen to that series again, it's properly funny

Couple of years ago I was flying some light aircraft, had to take my shoes off to be x-rayed, full pat down, rooted through my flight bag, and wouldn't let me take a bottle of water through even for fairly long flights. Getting engine oil through to your aircraft was a pain too. It seemed to have completely escaped the security people that I was the only one flying the aircraft and could plough the thing into the ground if I was that was inclined.

Your attitude towards freedom is appalling.

Apologies for taking this slightly off topic and I think your post was aimed at Harleyman but …..

Big Brother is watching

Here is an article about a General Motors GPS tracking system

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/communications/general-motors-tracking-and-selling-your-movements/

I would just draw your attention to

‘I’m a police officer. The On Star customer who cancelled his subscription is not enough. As long as the device is in the car, it can be remotely turned on. They (On Star) can locate your car at any time and listen in on what you are saying in the car and you will have no idea the device has been activated. We the police, can simple present exigent circumstances not even reasonable suspicion, or probable cause to request this information.’

Your attitude towards freedom is appalling.

What's freedom got to do with it ?

The TSA intends to set up a database of people who are WILLING to submit to a background security check and also be fingerprinted. In return these people will be able to pass through airport security in half the time that other passengers will.

This will benefit everyone by reducing long lines and waiting periods at check points, a major and very legitimate gripe with just about all airline passengers these days

I have no problem with fingerprinting. Mine are already on file with the FBI, the VA and the California Department of Motor Vehicles

What's freedom got to do with it ?

The TSA intends to set up a database of people who are WILLING to submit to a background security check and also be fingerprinted. In return these people will be able to pass through airport security in half the time that other passengers will.

This will benefit everyone by reducing long lines and waiting periods at check points, a major and very legitimite gripe with just about all airline passengers these days

I have no problem with fingerprinting. Mine are already on file with the FBI, the VA and the California Department of Motor Vehicles

You could be right. I went through some very heavy security checks in order to attend a wedding. But it certainly made access to certain places an awful lot easier as a result.

You could be right. I went through some very heavy security checks in order to attend a wedding. But it certainly made access to certain places an awful lot easier as a result.

The TSA hasn't implemented the program yet has it? I heard about it only 3 days ago on the morniing news. The news reader said it was to be offered sometime in the near future or at least that's what i thought I heard

:

Couple of years ago I was flying some light aircraft, had to take my shoes off to be x-rayed, full pat down, rooted through my flight bag, and wouldn't let me take a bottle of water through even for fairly long flights. Getting engine oil through to your aircraft was a pain too. It seemed to have completely escaped the security people that I was the only one flying the aircraft and could plough the thing into the ground if I was that was inclined.
I guess the thing to do if you're able is not to use a TSA airport. two miles from me in one direction is Bradley International with all the woes akin to JFK, a mile away in the other direction is Skylark airport with no tower, and a long enough runway to use a Beech Baron. Just climb in, taxi, and take off, and land it somewhere easy. You can always find somebody to give you a ride or call for a taxi.

Archived