So the US is angry that the Russians and Chinese have used their veto..

it's one of the world's most serious flashpoints, of course the chinese give a toss about it - they are also very close to it, a thousand miles or so, twice as close as us and many times closer than the US

I see you are just as clueless about distances as you are about everything else. The distance from Lhasa, Tibet (probably the closest large Chinese city to the Mediterreanean section of the Middle East) to Jerusalem is 3288 miles. From London, it's 2245.

of course from the main center of Chinese culture on the Pacific rim, it's considerably further away than that - 4429 miles from Beijing, and 4929 from Shanghai. China is primarily a Pacific power, and it's where 80% of its wealth is concentrated. It totally dominates the culture of the entire east Asian region which is by far the main sphere of Chinese influence. The Middle East is small potatoes to them.

The best thing that could happen in the long term is to let the Israelis go ahead.

It would not be good for us, but would sort the situation out.

If it wasn't Israel it would be someone else, India anyone? Oh wait ...

If it wasn't Israel it would be someone else, India anyone? Oh wait ...

Only the warlike nations will get involved here.

That narrows it down to four.

Of that four, the French and Germans will not want to know.

So that leaves two.

And guess who they are. :help:

... re. the horrific situation in Syrian :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-16890107

-------

Maybe they're just following Washington's lead everytime it vetos something that condemns Israel for it's illegal settlements, expulsions, and killing of Palestinians ?

US vetoes UN condemnation of Israeli settlements

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/19/us-veto-israel-settlement

-------

US Vetoes Resolution Against Israel on UN Killings

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/1221-08.htm

-------

US vetoes UN draft condemning Israel's killing of civilians

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article15573.htm

-------

Hypocrisy at it's finest :cool:

and your point is what?:huh:

china isn't quaking anymore mate, it's preparing to rule the world - boycott their products if you can afford german ones, otherwise accept that yank / UK hegemony is dying. I don't suppose russians care that putin means slut in french when you can't keep your house warm without their gas
From where I'm sitting right now, I see no evidence whatsoever that America is dying. Some of us are, defending your freedoms as well as our own. In the meantime, I'll take some tums from eating too much salsa while watching those goddamned Giants beating my beloved Patriots at the Superbowl last night. You should have watched that Frank, just to see what a dying nation looks like when it has a little fun.``````````

I think the Chinese are more interested in $$$, than solving conflicts.
Yes but interested in getting rid of dollars!................they have now got too many for comfort,that's why they are secretly stockpiling massive amounts of gold like never before,.....................pity they did not wake up earlier,we could have introduced them to bargain price Brown!

From where I'm sitting right now, I see no evidence whatsoever that America is dying. Some of us are, defending your freedoms as well as our own. In the meantime, I'll take some tums from eating too much salsa while watching those goddamned Giants beating my beloved Patriots at the Superbowl last night. You should have watched that Frank, just to see what a dying nation looks like when it has a little fun.``````````

I keep thinking the same thing, buck. All we hear about is how bad the economy is and how broke everybody is, then why are all the stores so packed every time I need something? And I don't think I shop a whole lot. The husband and I do not go near Costco on the weekends. Your lucky to get a parking spot. Everywhere. The mall, restaurants, nail salons, the bank, the dry cleaners. Where are all the broke people?

I keep thinking the same thing, buck. All we hear about is how bad the economy is and how broke everybody is, then why are all the stores so packed every time I need something? And I don't think I shop a whole lot. The husband and I do not go near Costco on the weekends. Your lucky to get a parking spot. Everywhere. The mall, restaurants, nail salons, the bank, the dry cleaners. Where are all the broke people?

It's the same where I am the shopping centres are full all the time when I shop, have just come back from the Trafford Centre, near Manchester and left at 2pm as it was getting so busy - I certainly wouldn't go shopping if I was broke

Archived