What's the best place for carpets !

Best place for carpets?

On the floor!

Seriously, always read the small print on offers.

In a carpet shop! sorry I could resist that :hihi:

I've always used Pyramid on Chesterfield Road, you get what you pay for like all things and they offer a free measuring service, friendly staff and I've always thought fair prices too. I once bought a carpet from a cheapo shop on Queens Road I think it was and within a year it started fraying and the pile was getting bare... never again

Need a shop that will come out and measure up,doing the stairs and landing absolute nightmare to measure,went to one of the big names today and they want to charge for measuring up.

Would that be because the people they send out to do the measuring will arrive in vehicles which burn expensive fuel and will expect to be paid for their time?

If you were to go to the shop, choose the carpets you want, negotiate and agree a price per square metre (either including or excluding fitting - but don't forget underlay, gripper rods etc) and contract to pay that price, then no doubt they would come and measure up for you.

Archived