How Inconvenient

Shoppers complain, as dying man is tended to by paramedics, because they unable to get groceries:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/889472-shoppers-complain-as-paramedics-tend-to-dying-man

I am really saddened to read this, but at the same time not surprised that humanity has sunk so low. Oddly, when I read this story, I imagined the whinging shoppers as forummers.

The story doesn't match the headline and photo caption; it only says that shoppers complained because an aisle was blocked off. Are we just supposed to assume that they would have known why?

I am guessing as both paramedics and police were in attendance, it would have been pretty obvious that something was going on.

Only obvious to people with observation, comprehension and empathy.

And self preservation. Obviously, the fact that a few centimeters of snow had fallen, increased the need for stockpiling of bread and milk. Don't want a dead man to get in the way of that, that would be damn selfish :)

Sometimes having something to complain about makes the day seem a little more worthwhile. It doesn't matter that they probably didn't know what caused the inconvenience, just that they can later relay the story with exaggerations to whoever will listen.

Think you are right. It's a case of "listen to me. I am having a hissy fit cos I can't get what I want" :D

Shoppers complain, as dying man is tended to by paramedics, because they unable to get groceries:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/889472-shoppers-complain-as-paramedics-tend-to-dying-man

I am really saddened to read this, but at the same time not surprised that humanity has sunk so low. Oddly, when I read this story, I imagined the whinging shoppers as forummers.

That isn't a new thing, I'm afraid.

One morning whenI got to work, I was greeted with the news that a very popular, much loved member of staff had died in the night. Obviously everyone was devestated, but we got about the day as cheerily as we could.

One customr came up to me and announced loudly that anyone would think someone had died. I said that a member of staff had died in the night and appologised that we were all a little down. 'How is that MY fault' she (again, loudly' asked. 'I expect MY service with a smile'.

Observation wouldn't help much; the staff had completely screened off the aisle specifically to prevent people from seeing what was going on.

I'm not sure Tesco would have festival fences at their disposal.

If there were paramedics there, I would have thought their high-vis would have been visible.

Poor man.

Archived