How Inconvenient

That isn't a new thing, I'm afraid.

One morning whenI got to work, I was greeted with the news that a very popular, much loved member of staff had died in the night. Obviously everyone was devestated, but we got about the day as cheerily as we could.

One customr came up to me and announced loudly that anyone would think someone had died. I said that a member of staff had died in the night and appologised that we were all a little down. 'How is that MY fault' she (again, loudly' asked. 'I expect MY service with a smile'.

How did you respond to that?

How did you respond to that?

I told her smiles would be back in stock tomorrow.

Then I told her I'd try my best today. She was more sympathetic by the end of the transaction, but the whole time I wanted to just shriek.

Maybe the siren, flashing lights and paramedics running about may have been a subtle clue? :)

You're not forced to see/hear anything outside if youre in the middle of the store...if the aisle had already been blocked off (with crates it said in the report) then it'd probably be difficult to see the paramedics as well..not defending people's actions just pointing out they may not have known the seriousness of the incident.. :)

You're not forced to see/hear anything outside if youre in the middle of the store...if the aisle had already been blocked off (with crates it said in the report) then it'd probably be difficult to see the paramedics as well..not defending people's actions just pointing out they may not have known the seriousness of the incident.. :)

I dunno about that, 2 ambulances and 3 police cars are pretty hard to miss. Besides, most people are naturally noisy and/or gossips, so even if someone had not seen the entrance of the paramedics, I am sure the gathering crowd or the chance of overhearing a conversation would given the game away.

Archived