Nit-picking forummers: Is it required for lively debate?

Lets just say that you provided a very good description of it.

You mean the dinner ladies sorting out petty squabbles?

I can't for the life of me imagine being that passionate about a football team. But that's just 'me'. I'm passionate about other things :hihi::hihi:

This is the worst site I have come across for nitpicking; it just makes for page after page of endless, unneccessary, droning on debate. I mostly come here at night because I've been having so much trouble getting to sleep lately.

There is a lot of it, I have to say. But my original point was, is that neccessary for healthy, lively debate?

We've established that if everyone agreed with everyone else, it would be a very dull place!

PS Butterball: Does it make you sleep better? :hihi::hihi:

I think some people nitpick for the fun of it, they usually hold up the thread and generally get in the way

It's the "I can post a better link than yours" arguments that irritate me. A lot of the time, the link is to some random blogger expressing 'his or her' opinion, and adds nothing to the debate.

The "Tensions in the Falkland Islands" thread is a classic example. As far as I could see it degenerated into an argument about who has got what weapons and what their capabilities are. I lost interest in that debate quite quickly.

There is a lot of it, I have to say. But my original point was, is that neccessary for healthy, lively debate?

We've established that if everyone agreed with everyone else, it would be a very dull place!

PS Butterball: Does it make you sleep better? :hihi::hihi:

No definitely not, but I'd hate to live in a world where we all agreed with each other. I'd like to say it's that there's a lot of strong characters who are passionate about something here and have conviction for what they believe in but it's not like that. It's just people being deliberately awkward and critical for naff all reason.

Yes, when I finally get to sleep I sleep like a log (good thing my babies sleep 7pm-7am cos I'm not used to waking up in the night now lol)

62 posts in over 12 months …… nice to see that your sleeping problem isn’t too bad.

Hahahaha.....from your own link posted yesterday, I see you fall into the category of stalker!

Sorry, I was just nitpicking! :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived