Just visited Scarborough- what a dump!

Last time i went a bloke was smacking his wife on the sea front,she hit him back and a proper fight started. A policeman came along and hit the bloke with his truncheon then a crocodile came and stole the sausages.

Last time i went a bloke was smacking his wife on the sea front,she hit him back and a proper fight started. A policeman came along and hit the bloke with his truncheon then a crocodile came and stole the sausages.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:...classic !

Sunshine on a rainy day.Thanks.:hihi::hihi:

If you go to Whitby, try the Goth Weekend, it is the most fantastic weekend. We are not Goths but we have been three times the atmosphere is brilliant, the costumes worn by both men and women are absolutely stunning and all the pubs and shops are decked out accordingly.

There is also the Regatta Weekend which is great as well, makes a lovely weekend away or even a day out.

Hi Curriechick

Do you know when the goth weekend is this year ?.

Remember Scarborough with nostalgia from childhood. Visited last week while staying in North Yorkshire. What a depressing dump it is now!

YEAH! i FELT THE SAME ABOUT PAGE HALL... IT WANTS NUKING.

I went last year, and I thought it was great! Nice chips on the front, lovely buildings and views, no bother at night. Maybe I'm easily pleased.

:)

What Page Hall:hihi: >>>>never must admit though I do like the east coast resorts.

• 2 weeks later...
Remember Scarborough with nostalgia from childhood. Visited last week while staying in North Yorkshire. What a depressing dump it is now!

I was in Scarborough a few years back and did a walk near the cliffs. I almost stepped on an adder warming itself in the mid morning sun. I just managed to break stride and avoid it. I think it had less poison than the origonal quote!

I go there three times a year, I stay north side but the Cities, Sheff Roth etc

have moved a load of unemployed, there they stay in the run down properties

supping cans with raggs over the windows for curtains, shoplifters and beggars galore,hey buddy can you spare a dime.

So do I understand this post correctly. Is the suggestion that Scarborough is rundown as a result of a mass influx of the lovely folk of South Yorkshire?

I would have thought that at least some of them might have taken some decent curtains with them.

Along the sea front near the harbour, outside a building there used to be a small statue about 2ft high, it was behind a metal cage & was reputed to be a statue of Richard 2. The last time I was in Scarborough it was missing. Does anyone else remember it or where it is now?

Archived