The Problem with the Banking System: How Money is Made / Created

I wouldn't know about FOTL websites, you obviously frequent them more than I do.

I've been keeping a bit of an eye on them lately in case anyone came on here peddling FOTL woo. If people are in a desperate financial situation they are much better of using the likes of Citizens Advice Bureau for advice than falling for A4V and similar.

Nope -"accepted for value" is a scam being "sold" to desperate people as a way of paying bills. It just lands them in more trouble.

I beg to differ, the company I used to work for now has a fleet of vans and is far bigger than it was when I worked for it. He used to pay his remittances with accepted for value.

I've been keeping a bit of an eye on them lately in case anyone came on here peddling FOTL woo. If people are in a desperate financial situation they are much better of using the likes of Citizens Advice Bureau for advice than falling for A4V and similar.

Yeah well like I said, keep spending your credit.

I prefer to back my sweat equity with gold.

I didn't say the bonds were directly linked to any individual, I said they are backed by sweat equity created by you and me, quite a difference.

Eeeerm - you did say "Those bonds are me and you, they then sell off those bonds to the stock market, It's just a new form of slave trade."

I beg to differ, the company I used to work for now has a fleet of vans and is far bigger than it was when I worked for it. He used to pay his remittances with accepted for value.

No way Jose - you can try peddling that woo all you like but if you'll never find any evidence that A4V has ever worked apart from FOTL anecdotes.

The only way it can work is including money - like a cash or cheque with the remittance.

Eeeerm - you did say "Those bonds are me and you, they then sell off those bonds to the stock market, It's just a new form of slave trade."

They are me and you, everything we do, buy, eat, drink, excrete backs those bonds.

Hence me and you have an obligation to bail out those bonds when they go bust.

It is a form of slavery.

Now don't mistake my words as meaning those bonds are "me and you" in the physical sense, as that would be absurd, you are you and a bond is a bond and never the twain shall meet.

Each to their own - buy it with bottle tops did you?

No funnily enough I bought them with fictional numbers stored as nothing more than bits of magnetism on some hard drive somewhere that appear as nothing more than light reflected onto glass when you look at them.

Far superior to printed paper or bottle tops in my opinion.

It takes two to make legal tender.

They are me and you, everything we do, buy, eat, drink, sleep, excrete backs those bonds.

Hence me and you have an obligation to bail out those bonds when they go bust.

It is a form of slavery.

Now don't mistake my words as meaning those bonds are "me and you" in the physical sense, as that would be absurd, you are you and a bond is a bond and never the twain shall meet.

So people work for a living - so what's new - it's taken you a long time to make that oh so lucid point.

No funnily enough I bought them with fictional numbers stored as nothing more than bits of magnetism on some hard drive somewhere that appear as nothing more than light reflected onto glass when you look at them.

Far superior to printed paper or bottle tops in my opinion.

It takes two to make legal tender.

So most transactions these days are done electronically - same as when I buy goods on the internet. Like wow.

Archived