The Problem with the Banking System: How Money is Made / Created

So people work for a living - so what's new - it's taken you a long time to make that oh so lucid point.

No it hasn't, it's taken you a long time to understand that oh so lucid point.

I only had to make the point once, you are the only person that appears to struggle understanding it.

And I don't see you laughing any more now that you do understand it.

So people work for a living

They don't work for a living though, they work for more debt.

No it hasn't, it's taken you a long time to understand that oh so lucid point.

I only had to make the point once, you are the only person that appears to struggle understanding it.

And I don't see you laughing any more now that you do understand it.

No - you've been learning the FOTL sophistry and word games pretty well - not bad for someone who doesn't appear to have been at the game for too long.

Now do try starting a FOTL thread sometime for our delight and amusement :cool:

Time for tea and then the pub - must see if they'll accept bottle tops ;)

No - you've been learning the FOTL sophistry and word games pretty well - not bad for someone who doesn't appear to have been at the game for too long.

Why don't you start a thread, you appear to know more about them than I do and oh so desire to have a thread started on the subject.

Admit it, you haven't a clue what I've been learning, you've learned more about the FOTL than I have.

I am what I am, you can call me what you like it won't change what I am.

I'm here to discuss the financial mess our country is in. Which imo started when government and money lenders got their heads together, sold off the national coffers and traded us all in for debt, debt and more debt. And the most part of this happened before I was born.

China on the other hand have been issuing commands to their citizens and businesses to buy up gold, gold and more gold.

It's rare commodities that generate wealth not imaginary numbers.

From my view we should be opening back up our coal mines, investing in rare commodities, and not foreign aid, wars, european beurocrats and the like.

It's not like I'm wrong either, it was only last November that Robert Zoellick was saying we should bring back the gold standard.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/gold/8117300/Bring-back-the-gold-standard-says-World-Bank-chief.html

Why don't you start a thread, you appear to know more about them than I do and oh so desire to have a thread started on the subject.

Admit it, you haven't a clue what I've been learning, you've learned more about the FOTL than I have.

I am what I am, you can call me what you like it won't change what I am.

That's cool :cool:

You want to learn more about FOTL? Try this for a start;

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=177447

It's rare commodities that generate wealth not imaginary numbers.

From my view we should be opening back up our coal mines, investing in rare commodities, and not foreign aid, wars, european beurocrats and the like.

It's not like I'm wrong either, it was only last November that Robert Zoellick was saying we should bring back the gold standard.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/gold/8117300/Bring-back-the-gold-standard-says-World-Bank-chief.html

These days it is knowledge that generates wealth.

In the past it was brawn, sweat and cheap raw materials stolen from the colonies that made Britain's wealth. Those things could always be done cheaply by low paid, low intellect, manual labourers. We can no longer compete on price because folks expect to get a living wage at the UK rate that's why our heavy industry has gone.

The way we can make a living now is by inventing, developing, managing and supporting high end products and services for ourselves and developing countries. I spent years working abroad on such projects because they don't have the skills we have.

Unfortunately for Sheffield many of our people will miss out on the opportunities of the future because our education system still churns out kids totally unsuited to a knowledge based economy. The politicians and managers who allegedly lead this city still want to churn out factory fodder in the hope that one day the city will attract lots and lots of low skilled jobs paying high wages. Yes, there are actually people out there who think that will happen if they complain long enough. Well, it hasn't happened in 30 years and it won't happen in another 30 trillion years.

Unfortunately for Sheffield many of our people will miss out on the opportunities of the future because our education system still churns out kids totally unsuited to a knowledge based economy. The politicians and managers who allegedly lead this city still want to churn out factory fodder in the hope that one day the city will attract lots and lots of low skilled jobs paying high wages.

the politicians and managers who lead this city and indeed every other have virtually no control over education and haven't had for years.

the people who have had control have been governments and they, both tory and nu-tory have deliberately chosen not to set up an education system that produces people for the current environment.

the politicians and managers who lead this city and indeed every other have virtually no control over education and haven't had for years.

the people who have had control have been governments and they, both tory and nu-tory have deliberately chosen not to set up an education system that produces people for the current environment.

I disagree. The education standard across the country may be low but Sheffield routinely fails to get anywhere near even that dismal standard. The leaders of this city have every opportunity to make this city a good place to be educated but they fail miserably year after year.

As far as I can see they have a deliberate policy to keep people ignorant and dependant on handouts so they'll keep voting Labour. If that's not the policy they would be up in arms about the dreadful standard of education.

If digsy wants a cup of tea I would accept bottle tops, if he wants a meal I would also accept bottle tops. For beer also, and mead.

Archived