The Problem with the Banking System: How Money is Made / Created

Here's one on FOTL:

First they came for the Rapists, and I did not speak out--

Because I think rape is wrong.

Then they came for the burglars, and I did not speak out--

Because I think taking others property is wrong.

Then they came for the Freemen on the Land, and I did not speak out--

Because I think that in a democracy part of the social contract is paying your fair share of the tax burden and anyway they were only going to jail for a week it wasn't as if they were being herded into concentration camps or anything.

Then they didn't come for me--as while I object to much the state does I confine my protest to lawful demonstrations and fight my cases in court within the law and pay my taxes.

Basically clarifying the point that you must push somebody else deeper into debt for yourself to remain out of it.

Please explain this theory to me, I have no debt and I can't think of anyone I have forced into debt.

Please explain this theory to me, I have no debt and I can't think of anyone I have forced into debt.

Not you personally Smithy, the banks.

The banks trade in debt. Without debt they cannot function, or make more money.

They don't care how they do it, they're ruthless, but sell debt they must. They package it up in lots of new and interesting ways, some of them so complex that even they don't understand it themselves. Then on it goes into the banking markets, passed around like pass the parcel.

Personal debt is only a tiny fraction of this. Most debt is government debt, and not just our government, but governments around the world, or more pertinant to our case, around Europe.

As far as the banks are concerned, Debt is good, very good. It means lots of lovely bonuses.

Not you personally Smithy, the banks.

The banks trade in debt. Without debt they cannot function, or make more money.

They don't care how they do it, they're ruthless, but sell debt they must. They package it up in lots of new and interesting ways, some of them so complex that even they don't understand it themselves. Then on it goes into the banking markets, passed around like pass the parcel.

Personal debt is only a tiny fraction of this. Most debt is government debt, and not just our government, but governments around the world, or more pertinant to our case, around Europe.

As far as the banks are concerned, Debt is good, very good. It means lots of lovely bonuses.

UK government debts are £1.046 trillion whilst the UK’s personal debts are £1.459 trillion

UK government debts are £1.046 trillion whilst the UK’s personal debts are £1.459 trillion

The government debt, just in bonds was over £1.2 trillion last time I counted it. Bonds are most of it, but not all.

The interest on that is about £15 each per week for everybody in the UK.

Just heard a quote from 'Question Time' this evening.

One of the rioter's received a six month sentence for stealing £3.50 worth of bottled water last year.

What will the fraudulent banker's get?

About £20m

Archived