BMI of over 30? Event 19th-21st Feb Sheffield

A.S.K

Feel free to come along and speak to the individual practitioners re their qualifications and if complimentary medicine is not your thing then its not your thing.

Meanwhile thanks for the bumpon the forum

ASK

Feel free to come along and speak to the individual practitioners re their qualifications and if complimentary medicine is not your thing then its not your thing.

ASK

It would be easier if you could point me in the right direction now. Then I could decide whether it was likely to be worth attending.

Are any of them properly medically qualified? Really.

ASK

After reading through the website i refer to my previous comments,

if the answer is yes go to the gym and cut down on your food, simple really!

c

It would be easier if you could point me in the right direction now. Then I could decide whether it was likely to be worth attending.

Are any of them properly medically qualified? Really.

Feel free to read their individual websites and once again thank you for the bump.

For all those interested all parties taking part hold recognised qualifications and professional indemnity insurance... including our founder Jo Jerodene who is, among other things, a professional counsellor.

For the lovely person mentioning going to the gym... you are right but lets also deal with the psychology of what causes an unhealthy relationship with food in the first place. If you guys and girls have weight or body image issues then please do come along with an open mind and you never know you might learn something about yourself too.

Please forgive if we can't respond to each post but organising an event takes a considerable amount of time. Thank you for your interest

ASK

Feel free to read their individual websites and once again thank you for the bump.

I think you have misunderstood the nature of this forum, it is for debate. I'm not bumping your thread. I'm trying to find out some information from the organiser of an event. Trying to discuss it, if you like.

I'd love to check the individual websites of your contributors to see whether they are qualified. Sadly, most of them seem a little coy about their qualifications. I wondered whether you, as the organiser, could help me. Your silence suggests that you've no idea either.

It seems that the Barefoot Doctor isn't a doctor though:roll:

The phrase barefoot doctor is a reference to chinese medicine and actually means humble healer... so no Stephen Russell (his real name) is not a real doctor and nor does he claim to be. He is however a very effective motivational speaker and has helped thousands of people over his 30 or years in the field to overcome the obstacles that stand in their way.

And yes, we are drumming up support for the event. If you do not need help in this area is really fair of you to get in the way of those it may help?

The phrase barefoot doctor is a reference to chinese medicine and actually means humble healer... so no Stephen Russell (his real name) is not a real doctor and nor does he claim to be.

So, he's got a rather chequered past, to say the least and he's not a doctor. The article that I linked to is pretty essential reading for any women considering attending your event, in my opinion.

And yes, we are drumming up support for the event. If you do not need help in this area is really fair of you to get in the way of those it may help?

I'm not really getting in the way though, am I? I'm just asking reasonable questions, which you seem unable, or unwilling to answer.

If you really wanted to encourage those that it might help, I have a couple of positive suggestions for you: Try putting the price of your conference clearly on your website. Publish the qualifications of your speakers.

Weight loss from a BMI of over 30 really requires proper medical supervision.

I am a woman and Steph (Barefoot), is a personal friend. No need to worry girls... don't believe anything you read in the press. The article, from 2007 was eventually retracted by the appropriate papers as unsubstantiated.

Unless you have information or personal experience to the contrary, perhaps best not to venture down that slippery route eh?

Archived