How do you get to the fuse box on a focus

I think the fuse has blown on my 12v charger on my ford focus. I know the fuse box is under the glove box. According to the handbook it drops down (which it does) and then you pull it towards you. This doesn`t happen and i don`t want to start tugging at it incase i pull wires out. Am i doing something wrong?

Open the glove box and then squeeze the sides in while pulling towards you and it should drop down and fuse box will be in front of you, this was how it was on my 53 plate focus.

Squeeze the sides of the glove box? You can`t get your hands down the sides of it. I could push the sides out.

Squeeze the sides of the glove box? You can`t get your hands down the sides of it. I could push the sides out.

Give it a pull as it is only rubber grommets holding it in place and pulling it wont break anything.

By push the sides in I mean push the sides at the highest point (top) of the glovebox.

Archived