Signing on help.

Due to not being able to make it worthwhile working, I am seriously considering packing in work and signing on. I have never done this before, can anyone give me any advice on how much I will recieve, I live in rented accommodation with my partner and have one child.

Thanks.

Before you pack in work you'd be better off getting advice as to whether you're getting everything you're entitled to first, especially tax credits and any help towards rent and council tax. If there is money you're entitled to but not claiming it could make the difference. Go to your nearest advice centre for a full benefits check. Dole for a couple is about £100 a week plus child benefit plus child tax credit plus rent and council tax paid. But it's not so black and white. If you're self-employed see if there are any business grants you may get.

There's a world of difference between what you may be entitled to if you are made redundant and what you may be entitled to if you voluntarily leave employment.

I'd check it out very thoroughly before you even consider it if I were you.

Due to not being able to make it worthwhile working, I am seriously considering packing in work and signing on. I have never done this before, can anyone give me any advice on how much I will recieve, I live in rented accommodation with my partner and have one child.

Thanks.

You'll probably have major problems signing on if you voluntarily leave a job. If you're on good terms with your boss, would be worthwhile discussing the possibility of being made redundant, as long as he/she will back you up if anyone checks.

Also bear in mind that, some time into signing on, you'll be made to go on full time 'courses' that, most attendees agree, are totally useless.

Plus, there's the widespread prejudices against the unemployed to deal with, plus, in terms of getting another job, you'll have way less chance as an unemployed person, compared to if you're currently working.

Are you really considering packing your job in ? If so, you will deeply regret it when you have spent hours and hours in Cavendish house with some of Sheffield's finest DROSS, filling form after form in and if you omit the slightest detail you will have to do it all over again. Then the DWP will **** your claim up and you will have to go and apply for a crisis loan to see you through, which is akin to flossing your teeth with barbed wire... Dont do it !!!

Archived