Violence steps up in Syria

Does the Arab league have the will and the troops to sort out Syria? I hope you're not suggesting that Westerners should poke their noses into Arab affairs?
We may not really need to, we should just hit Iran.. Assad will soon step down.

Does the Arab league have the will

No, you're just being silly suggesting that ;).

and the troops to sort out Syria?
Ah, the much vaunted fighting prowess of Arab soldiers. Yes indeed, if the Arab League sent troops in, there would very quickly be a mass surrender and/or running in the general direction of away. By both the Syrian army and the Arab League troops at exactly the same time at a guess. Just saying like. :hihi::hihi:

No, you're just being silly suggesting that ;).

Ah, the much vaunted fighting prowess of Arab soldiers. Yes indeed, if the Arab League sent troops in, there would very quickly be a mass surrender and/or running in the general direction of away. By both the Syrian army and the Arab League troops at exactly the same time at a guess. Just saying like. :hihi::hihi:

You cannot expect tanks equipped with reverse only shifts to come into contacr with each other.

They could of course make contact be reversing towards each other and swinging their gun turrets around in the opposite direction but that would take brains

Originally Posted by MrMoran View Post

Id love to know what Russia and China are playing at.

If ever there was a need for intervention then this is it.

Syria buy a lot of military hardware from Russia,thats why.

I've just been reading an article that says that Russia had arranged talks with the Syrian regime with a view to finding a solution before committing to a military intervention. They had apparently asked the UN for more time before the vote was to take place which was denied by the UN, and if given more time would have gone along with military intervention had their final effort proved fruitless.

You cannot expect tanks equipped with reverse only shifts to come into contacr with each other.

They could of course make contact be reversing towards each other and swinging their gun turrets around in the opposite direction but that would take brains

Are the M-1A2 Abrams tanks (supplied by the US to Saudi Arabia) really that crappy?

The Saudis also have Tornadoes, F-15s, Apache and Little Birds.

The Jordanians have F-16s, F-5E/Fs, Mirages and Cobras. (More crap with reverse gears only ;)) They also have Challengers and some (rather dated) Centurions.

The Arabs should be able to sort their own problems out.

Though I do wonder (with the possible exception of Jordan) whether the majority of Arab states are talking out of the sides of their mouths? How many of them would genuinely be happy to see the people in a neighbouring state take control?

I wonder whether any Arab 'ruler' thinks: "Well, if that upstart Assad kills a few thousand of his people, it might make my people think twice about deposing me" ?

I've just been reading an article that says that Russia had arranged talks with the Syrian regime with a view to finding a solution before committing to a military intervention. They had apparently asked the UN for more time before the vote was to take place which was denied by the UN, and if given more time would have gone along with military intervention had their final effort proved fruitless.

I wonder why this wasn't reported in our media? :suspect:

Archived