Hard to see racism if you're white?

A black person can refer to a black associate as a n####r as they are black themselves and it won't be deemed racist as they are associates, a white person on the other hand can't.

A white man can refer to a white associate as a white c##t as he is white himself and it won't be deemed racist as they are associates, an ethnic person can't.

I't is all about wether the context it is used in was an offensive one and yes racism isn't only commited by white people.

so black west indian can call a black african a ******? wrong!

Whats your thoughts on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbfDjZ9vmzM&feature=g-all-bul&context=G2a3d03aFAAAAAAAAAAA

Personaly i think it sends out the wrong message because as we all know its not just white people who can have a problem with skin colour.

The campaigners are entitled to self flagellate whilst the rest of us just get on with life :)

It all goes over my head all this name shortening :huh: A person like myself finds it totally acceptable to have my birth name David, shortened to Dave. Its ok for Jennifer Lopez to be called J Lo or Susan Boyle to be called Subo need I go on ? but mention the shortened versions of a persons country, ie; Nigerian = N****r or Pakistani = P**i and the racial defence league start spitting fire and brimstone :loopy::huh:

Had I been black, which I'm not, my last post would be deemed acceptable.

Go figure.

Personally, if you were black and had seriously posted something like that

I would have thought you were playing up to a ridiculous stereotype of gangsta street cool imported from America, and were somewhat of a brain dead sheep.

We can deduce from the fact that you never see that kind of language on British internet forums, or hear it on the street, that black people in this country don't generally talk like that.

Personally, if you were black and had seriously posted something like that

I would have thought you were playing up to a ridiculous stereotype of gangsta street cool imported from America, and were somewhat of a brain dead sheep.

We can deduce from the fact that you never see that kind of language on British internet forums, or hear it on the street, that black people in this country don't generally talk like that.

You go on many forums other than this then, know many Black teenagers ?

When you say 'We can deduce' do you actually mean that 'your conclusion is' ?

When I was a kid my mum used to knit, and I remember that one of the wool colours was ****** brown, it said it on the packet. The missing word is the same as Wing Commander Guy Gibson's dog. The film was on Film four recently, and his dog was called by his actual name.

A black person can refer to a black associate as a n####r as they are black themselves and it won't be deemed racist as they are associates, a white person on the other hand can't.

A white man can refer to a white associate as a white c##t as he is white himself and it won't be deemed racist as they are associates, an ethnic person can't.

I't is all about wether the context it is used in was an offensive one and yes racism isn't only commited by white people.

agreeed....

It all goes over my head all this name shortening :huh: A person like myself finds it totally acceptable to have my birth name David, shortened to Dave. Its ok for Jennifer Lopez to be called J Lo or Susan Boyle to be called Subo need I go on ? but mention the shortened versions of a persons country, ie; Nigerian = N****r or Pakistani = P**i and the racial defence league start spitting fire and brimstone :loopy::huh:

if the 'nigerians & pakistanis' find it offensive then why say it? We all know who invented the 'N' word.

Rascism only offends if you let it. There are too many people and families now adays bringing there children up to think that calling names will hurt them, I bring my children up by the saying that I was brought up on, my children have not and will not be offended by name calling because of the colour of there skin etc, they are bigger than that. There dad has never been offended because someone has called him a name because of the colour of his skin, I would think saying something else about him would bother him alot more!

Archived