More smoking restrictions on the way.

There is one flaw in your argument ,I don't go in pubs (or drink at home)

I don't object to those that do,and would not crusade to ban the demon drink as abstainers have done in the past.

If its legal,each to his own.

A democratically elected government made smoking in public buildings illegal.

So you do support the ban after all?

You must admit though, it's got to be better for the employees.

Nobody in this country should have to consider working in an area that puts their health at risk

Now I have been known to enjoy the odd ciggy, and cant believe smoking in cars hasnt been banned yet, but more from the point of the red hot end dropping off into your crotch or down the side of your seat whilst your doing 60, and disrupting your concentration to some extent. For the non smokers, this is quite like when a spider drops down from the sun visor. Both have happened to me and I could quite easily have crashed.

It most certainly will be banned soon, and we'll all look back and think I cant belive we used to smoke when driving, just like its hard to imagine smoking on the bus nowadays.

Dear snailyboy

In the strict sense of the word I do support the ban because being a law abiding person,I do not smoke in no smoking areas.

This does not mean that I agree with everything about it.

A pint and a cigarette was and still is a pleasure for many,so why not allow some pubs to provide indoor smoking areas for customers who want it?

Ido not buy the protection of employees argument at all.

On your last point I know that you are referring to smoking,but peoples health is damaged at work,home and in between from numerous directions.

Health and Safety is a constantly updated as risks are identified,but you cannot get rid of every pollutant in this industrial world.

Dear snailyboy

In the strict sense of the word I do support the ban because being a law abiding person,I do not smoke in no smoking areas.

This does not mean that I agree with everything about it.

A pint and a cigarette was and still is a pleasure for many,so why not allow some pubs to provide indoor smoking areas for customers who want it?

Ido not buy the protection of employees argument at all.

On your last point I know that you are referring to smoking,but peoples health is damaged at work,home and in between from numerous directions.

Health and Safety is a constantly updated as risks are identified,but you cannot get rid of every pollutant in this industrial world.

If you don't buy the protection of emplyees bit there probably isn't any point trying to have a logical debate with you, but just in case.

If someone is desperate for a job they will feel inclined to take anything offered.

Any business has to have contractors who attend from time to time. That might be folks to service beer pumps, deliver drinks, food etc. Folks also have to inspect licenced premises and read meters, decorate, get tabs out of gents urinal etc etc.

Then of course you have customers. Some may be out with friends who smoke, others find it is the only pub in the village.

So there you have it. That's why MPs made no exceptions.

Logical debate!!!!!

Your possible sequence of events goes way beyond anything i have ever seen linked with passive smoking.

I was talking about bar staff,and dismissed this as a problem because there are plenty of people who would be happy to do it.Not because they are about to become homeless,and have 10 starving children,and the ex wife to support.

If any MP used your arguments in support of this bill I would question their sanity ,and would hate to think that he /she represented this country.

You are obviously at the fanatical end of the spectrum so I agree,no logical argument will ensue.

Meter readers!!!!!!

Ever heard of over egging an argument.

But it is quite amusing that several years down the line there are still some who imagine that the majority of people don't appreciate that, and by constantly bleating about it on a forum all the medical experts around the world are going to change their minds and recommend removing the restrictions put in to protect people.

Anyhow what's the point? If what folk post is true there are thousands of "smoker friendly" pubs around where they all go every night and smoke their poison.

Stop winging for crying out loud!

Logical debate!!!!!

Your possible sequence of events goes way beyond anything i have ever seen linked with passive smoking.

I was talking about bar staff,and dismissed this as a problem because there are plenty of people who would be happy to do it.Not because they are about to become homeless,and have 10 starving children,and the ex wife to support.

If any MP used your arguments in support of this bill I would question their sanity ,and would hate to think that he /she represented this country.

You are obviously at the fanatical end of the spectrum so I agree,no logical argument will ensue.

Meter readers!!!!!!

Ever heard of over egging an argument.

Have a look back on the rational behind the bill. The protection of employees was at the forefront.

Stop winging for crying out loud!

I think you will find that I am laughing at you not whinging (which is spelled using an H by the way).

Whinging is starting endless threads carping on about the smoking ban, and that's what you are doing. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived