More smoking restrictions on the way.

I think you will find that I am laughing at you not whinging (which is spelled using an H by the way).

Whinging is starting endless threads carping on about the smoking ban, and that's what you are doing. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

The threads are invariably started by the anti smoking brigade who seek to advance their cause,and get the predictable response.

Enough is never enough,and as you state the ban in public buildings is a dead issue,and broadly accepted.

The battle now is the right to smoke in cars(alone),our own property,open air spaces,on a desert island etc.

I think you will find that I am laughing at you not whinging (which is spelled using an H by the way).

Whinging is starting endless threads carping on about the smoking ban, and that's what you are doing. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I don't oppose the smoking ban. I think it's a good thing. I do oppose moaning little so and so's like you who feel the need to have a dig a people just because they choose to smoke though. Haven't you got anything better to do?

The threads are invariably started by the anti smoking brigade who seek to advance their cause,and get the predictable response.

Enough is never enough,and as you state the ban in public buildings is a dead issue,and broadly accepted.

The battle now is the right to smoke in cars(alone),our own property,open air spaces,on a desert island etc.

I do believe the actual thread was about a proposal to ban smoking in cars where children are present. That doesn't sound unreasonable to me. Taking away the right to smoke the right to smoke in cars(alone),our own property,open air spaces,on a desert island etc does.

I do believe the actual thread was about a proposal to ban smoking in cars where children are present. That doesn't sound unreasonable to me. Taking away the right to smoke the right to smoke in cars(alone),our own property,open air spaces,on a desert island etc does.

A meeting of minds at last. I do not smoke with children or non smokers in my car.

I am still concerned about visiting tradesmen to my house,not that I've had a problem yet,and of course the meter reader.

A meeting of minds at last. I do not smoke with children or non smokers in my car.

I am still concerned about visiting tradesmen to my house,not that I've had a problem yet,and of course the meter reader.

There was never other than a meeting of minds. I defy you to find anywhere where I have suggested anything other than that. That seems to be reserved for folks who want to carp on about the smoking ban by claiming it is about to be extended to the Middle of Clumber Park.

Anyway,to get back to the thread,I assume that there will be no smoking in your 5 ltr convertible jag,and no children either.

I bet that chucks out a few more carcinogens than 20 Embassy King size

Actually if you want to study me that closely you will note that my annual mileage is around 2500. As the Jaguar is regarded as one of the most efficient engines in production and equiped with twin catalytic converters, I am undoubtably contributing less polution than the average Cireon 2CV owner.:)

P.S. The Jag is actually for sale because I now have a baby daughter.

The point is, it shouldn't need to be banned. What next, only a 2 pint limit when you've got your children with you?

My parents used to smoke with me in the car and in the house. My great grand parents used to smoke in the house yet my grand parents have never smoked and they are still with us today in their 80's, perfectly healthy.

The point is, it shouldn't need to be banned. What next, only a 2 pint limit when you've got your children with you?

It already exists in Wetherspoons.

You're absolutely right though, it shouldn't need to be banned because people should have common sense. But they don't any longer.

Those kids you were at school with who couldn't dress themselves or be bothered to learn now have their own offspring and have been taught the sum total of their parent's knowledge (ie bugger all).

My parents used to smoke with me in the car and in the house. My great grand parents used to smoke in the house yet my grand parents have never smoked and they are still with us today in their 80's, perfectly healthy.

You see there you go again, trying to link the OP into something that isn't there.

Your point though........ "The point is, it (smoking in a car that contains children) shouldn't need to be banned. .........

I don't see the problem. Anyone who has a brain wouldn't do it anyhow. The legislation would only affect the terminally stupid who have no respect or concern for their children's health. Don't you think that's a good thing?

It already exists in Wetherspoons.

You're absolutely right though, it shouldn't need to be banned because people should have common sense. But they don't any longer.

Those kids you were at school with who couldn't dress themselves or be bothered to learn now have their own offspring and have been taught the sum total of their parent's knowledge (ie bugger all).

Where will it stop though? Not just with smoking. If anything bad for us, it seems like our government or health officials feel the need to make it illegal.

Archived