More smoking restrictions on the way.

You see there you go again, trying to link the OP into something that isn't there.

Your point though........ "The point is, it (smoking in a car that contains children) shouldn't need to be banned. .........

I don't see the problem. Anyone who has a brain wouldn't do it anyhow. The legislation would only affect the terminally stupid who have no respect or concern for their children's health. Don't you think that's a good thing?

You're good at that yourself aren't you?!

I don't think there needs to be a ban in place though. As I said before, it's never hurt me or anyone else that I'm aware of for that matter.

You're good at that yourself aren't you?!

Nope... That is just something else you invented. I have never smoked in a car with or without children in it.

I don't think there needs to be a ban in place though. As I said before, it's never hurt me or anyone else that I'm aware of for that matter.

That's exactly why there needs to be a ban because total idiots like you can't accept reality.

But is very good that you keep trying to deny things. It is just the ammunition that the authorities need to justify introducing legislation.

An interesting link from my neck of the woods:

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2012/02/10/smoking-banned-from-play-areas-in-wirral-99623-30300989/

Smoking banned from play areas in Wirral

SMOKING was banned from dozens of Merseyside playgrounds from today.

Anyone who lights up in any Wirral’s 75 play areas will be asked to put it out.

Heart Of Mersey, the campaign group behind the plan, said smokers will not be forced to stub out or be threatened with fines – but they will be expected to stick to a voluntary code.

Special signs designed by Hayfield school, in Upton, will be put in all council-run play areas requesting children can “Play Smokefree”.

Wirral council is the third in the country to sign up to the voluntary smokefree code after Pendle and Halton.

Heart Of Mersey now wants to get more on board and wants all nine councils in Cheshire and Merseyside to sign up by the end of the year.

Its tobacco control programme leader Jo McCullagh said the aim was to “denormalise” smoking so children were discouraged from taking up the habit in later years.

She said: “Children learn their behaviour from adults and so it is essential tobacco use is not seen as part of everyday life in our communities.

“For example, children who live with smokers are at least twice as likely to become smokers themselves. We are working across Cheshire and Merseyside in partnership with all councils and primary care trusts to protect future generations from taking up the habit.”

Nope... That is just something else you invented. I have never smoked in a car with or without children in it.

That's exactly why there needs to be a ban because total idiots like you can't accept reality.

But is very good that you keep trying to deny things. It is just the ammunition that the authorities need to justify introducing legislation.

What am I trying to deny? I think we both agree that smoking in the car with children in it is a bad idea. I just don't think that a ban needs to be in place.

What am I trying to deny? I think we both agree that smoking in the car with children in it is a bad idea. I just don't think that a ban needs to be in place.

It only affects people who think it is OK to poison their kids. Don't the kids deserve protection from irresponsible adults?

How about it influenced your decision to take up smoking?

I think I started smoking because of the social situations I put myself in. Not because my mother used to smoke.

As I said before, my great grandparents used to smoke in their house until the day that they passed away. My grandparents never smoked. In fact, if anything, it put them off ever wanting to smoke.

It only affects people who think it is OK to poison their kids. Don't the kids deserve protection from irresponsible adults?

Some parents will always be irresponsible. This silly idea is going to do nothing to stop that.

What about smoking in the house with children present? How will the authorities stop this, it would be impossible to police.

What about smoking in the house with children present? How will the authorities stop this, it would be impossible to police.

There you go again. Off at a tangent trying to prop up an unsustainable argument.

THEY AREN'T TRYING TO STOP PEOPLE SMOKING AT HOME.

There you go again. Off at a tangent trying to prop up an unsustainable argument.

THEY AREN'T TRYING TO STOP PEOPLE SMOKING AT HOME.

Don't throw your rattle out of your tram will you! Oh dear!

I never said they are trying to stop people smoking in their homes. I asked you a simple question. If you can't find an answer don't start crying.

I personally think that if this ban goes ahead, smoking in the house will be the next thing on the list. Besides, which is worse, smoking in a moving vehicle which is constantly ventilated, or smoking behind closed doors?

Archived