More smoking restrictions on the way.

Don't throw your rattle out of your tram will you! Oh dear!

I never said they are trying to stop people smoking in their homes. I asked you a simple question. If you can't find an answer don't start crying.

I personally think that if this ban goes ahead, smoking in the house will be the next thing on the list. Besides, which is worse, smoking in a moving vehicle which is constantly ventilated, or smoking behind closed doors?

I think it is you that is crying old chap. You start endless threads on the subject and are laughed at. You should probably get a hobby or seek help. And I don't use trams.

The thread and any proposed legislation are about smoking in cars containing children NOTHING MORE.

That to my mind and most sensible people is a good idea.

This is why..

Children are at particular risk from secondhand smoke in cars because they take in more of the chemicals from cigarettes than adults and may not be able to refuse to travel in a smoky car.

The BMA called for a ban after reviewing previously published research studies into cars and smoking.

A car's occupants could be exposed to 11 times more toxins than they would encounter in a smoky bar, the BMA's review found [see footnote]. Older people, who are more likely to have breathing problems, are also at extra risk of health damage from inhaling secondhand smoke in a car, it added.

I think it is you that is crying old chap. You start endless threads on the subject and are laughed at. You should probably get a hobby or seek help. And I don't use trams.

The thread and any proposed legislation are about smoking in cars containing children NOTHING MORE.

That to my mind and most sensible people is a good idea.

This is why..

Children are at particular risk from secondhand smoke in cars because they take in more of the chemicals from cigarettes than adults and may not be able to refuse to travel in a smoky car.

The BMA called for a ban after reviewing previously published research studies into cars and smoking.

A car's occupants could be exposed to 11 times more toxins than they would encounter in a smoky bar, the BMA's review found [see footnote]. Older people, who are more likely to have breathing problems, are also at extra risk of health damage from inhaling secondhand smoke in a car, it added.

Surely this thread opens the debate to smoking in other places doesn't it?

Surely this thread opens the debate to smoking in other places doesn't it?

I'm sure it does. But as the thread and proposed legislation is purely about smoking in cars that contain children there is no nanny state trying to impose any of the other restrictions that you are trying to link in to this.

I'm sure it does. But as the thread and proposed legislation is purely about smoking in cars that contain children there is no nanny state trying to impose any of the other restrictions that you are trying to link in to this.

Give it time!

I've already given my opinion on the OP. There shouldn't be a ban. People should just have more common sense. Banning something isn't going to make parents more responsible. Like I said, they can still smoke at home, in a confined space, with children present.

The current no smoking in pubs legislation cannot be policed. Many pubs are allowing smoking again and police turn a blind eye. So why introduce more legislation that cannot be enforced?

Which pubs are these, i've been in a fair few and haven't seen this taking place.

I've heard of this happening in some pubs, but only after hours.

You hear it all the time, but it seems to be a load of hocum. I'm just trying to imagine a pub that has been open for 12 hours or so getting rid of all the regular customers so that they can start over again with another set who smoke.

They have to do it without anyone who doesn't smoke noticing and mustn't attract attention for serving after hours. Or have anyone walking past catching a whiff through the extractors. Then of course they need to clean and fumigate the place over night so they can open again in the morning. And all the time facing loss oflicence loss of pub and a £1250 fine.

That's one hell of a trick.

You hear it all the time, but it seems to be a load of hocum. I'm just trying to imagine a pub that has been open for 12 hours or so getting rid of all the regular customers so that they can start over again with another set who smoke.

They have to do it without anyone who doesn't smoke noticing and mustn't attract attention for serving after hours. Or have anyone walking past catching a whiff through the extractors. Then of course they need to clean and fumigate the place over night so they can open again in the morning. And all the time facing loss oflicence loss of pub and a £1250 fine.

That's one hell of a trick.

Think your going abit over kill, it does happen btw and there are 4 pubs I go in that do this. Don't ask me to name because I won't tell

Archived