More smoking restrictions on the way.

I dont see the fascination of someone needing to smoke in the car anyway. Why not just have one before you get in? Surely it should be banned full stop, I would class it more of a distraction like using your mobile phone in the car. If some one is having a cig in the car then their full attention is not being paid to road, therefore putting other motorists and pedestrians at risk. Does anyone else think it should be banned?

You obviously not only dont drive far but are a pretty poor driver if you think smoking a fag is a distraction.

I think it would be alot more fruitful to ban crap drivers than someone who smokes behind the wheel.You can spot them easily on here because they think that you need 100% concentration to drive.

Can you walk and think of other things?Cause you can and driving is no different....For some!

I hope you dont change gear or turn the radio up when in busy areas?I also hope you dont carry kids they can be a real distraction!

Some drivers actually drive for more than 10 minutes down to the local Asda!

You obviously not only dont drive far but are a pretty poor driver if you think smoking a fag is a distraction.

I think it would be alot more fruitful to ban crap drivers than someone who smokes behind the wheel.You can spot them easily on here because they think that you need 100% concentration to drive.

Can you walk and think of other things?Cause you can and driving is no different....For some!

I hope you dont change gear or turn the radio up when in busy areas?I also hope you dont carry kids they can be a real distraction!

Interesting, what percentage of concentration would you say was adequate?

I do actually drive and no I'm not the most perfect driver in the world, but in my opinion I think it would be a distraction to the driver smoking just like texting/using your phone. And yes you should have 100% concentration when driving, as you never know if someone is going to pull out on you, or if a kid steps out in the road. If your too busy lighting up a fag etc then your will have less time to react to the situation.

You obviosly must be a driver that smokes in your car! :gag::gag::gag:

I do actually drive and no I'm not the most perfect driver in the world, but in my opinion I think it would be a distraction to the driver smoking just like texting/using your phone. And yes you should have 100% concentration when driving, as you never know if someone is going to pull out on you, or if a kid steps out in the road. If your too busy lighting up a fag etc then your will have less time to react to the situation.

You get good drivers andbad drivers. I suppose if you have a driver and subject him/her to any additional task such as smoking, eating a sandwich or using a mobile phone it will adversely affect his ability to drive. If that driver is on the lower levels of competance it could easilly be the straw that broke the camels back.

So we have a crap driver judging the capabilities of others :rolleyes:

You dont know the first thing about driving although im sure you THINK you do!

Have you ever been in a vehicle with a GOOD driver,i doubt it by your attitude!

Have you ever smoked or seen a person smoking before? I've never seen anyone constantly looking down at their cigarette while they smoke it, like someone texting.

I'm pretty sure that, if you look it up, smoking while driving isn't a major cause of any accidents.

So we have a crap driver judging the capabilities of others :rolleyes:

You dont know the first thing about driving although im sure you THINK you do!

Have you ever been in a vehicle with a GOOD driver,i doubt it by your attitude!

TBH. I think a driver who admits to not being the world's best is probably being realistic. I suppose you just imagine that you are the world's best.

You probably dont know the first thing about driving but i'm sure you THINK you do!

Have you ever had an accident, a speeding ticket, been pulled over or had a caution from a policeman regarding your driving?

Archived