More smoking restrictions on the way.

Have you ever smoked or seen a person smoking before? I've never seen anyone constantly looking down at their cigarette while they smoke it, like someone texting.

I'm pretty sure that, if you look it up, smoking while driving isn't a major cause of any accidents.

Self lighting cigarettes were a great invention, weren't they?

So we have a crap driver judging the capabilities of others :rolleyes:

You dont know the first thing about driving although im sure you THINK you do!

Have you ever been in a vehicle with a GOOD driver,i doubt it by your attitude!

Not a crap driver, just not perfect as no-one is!

It seems to me like you think your the worlds best driver, if you even drive that is?

I have been in a vehicle with many GOOD drivers and not one of them smoke!

If people feel the need to smoke in a car then by all means, if they then do have an accident however then it is their own fault and should not be able to claim it on their insurance!

Sarcasm, the lowest form of wit!

Lighting a cigarette takes seconds. Sending a text takes minutes.

Running up the back of a truck takes an instant.:loopy:

http://www.getwokingham.co.uk/news/s/2099123_man_narrowly_escapes_serious_injury_in_a329m_crash

A young man narrowly avoided seriously injury this afternoon when he crashed his car while trying to light a cigarette.

The man in his early 20s was driving a blue Citroen Saxo along the A329M between the Coppid Beech roundabout and Winnersh Triangle at around 12.15pm when he hit the central reservation.

Running up the back of a truck takes an instant.:loopy:

http://www.getwokingham.co.uk/news/s/2099123_man_narrowly_escapes_serious_injury_in_a329m_crash

A young man narrowly avoided seriously injury this afternoon when he crashed his car while trying to light a cigarette.

The man in his early 20s was driving a blue Citroen Saxo along the A329M between the Coppid Beech roundabout and Winnersh Triangle at around 12.15pm when he hit the central reservation.

What's your point?

So your saying that ANYTHING that is a distraction should be banned whilst driving? Lighting up, radios, talking to passengers?

Texting someone takes a lot more concentration than lighting a cigarette and you know it does!!

What's your point?

So your saying that ANYTHING that is a distraction should be banned whilst driving? Lighting up, radios, talking to passengers?

Texting someone takes a lot more concentration than lighting a cigarette and you know it does!!

I would advocate silent driving so others can be heard with their horns.People smoking is possibly hazardous as they presumably are de facto more liely to take risks.

What's your point?

I never said anything of the sort. As usual you make up stupid things and then try to attribute them to other people. I doubt many people text whilst driving although a few certainly use a phone to speak. That is also against the law so even though it is perhaps no more a distraction than smoking it will get you a £60 fine.

But as I've never suggested smoking in a car should be banned except when the car contains children you are once again departing on to your flight of imaginary persecution.

Do you hear voices in your head?

I never said anything of the sort. As usual you make up stupid things and then try to attribute them to other people. I doubt many people text whilst driving although a few certainly use a phone to speak. That is also against the law so even though it is perhaps no more a distraction than smoking it will get you a £60 fine.

But as I've never suggested smoking in a car should be banned except when the car contains children you are once again departing on to your flight of imaginary persecution.

Do you hear voices in your head?

Post #148 My comparison between smoking and texting was not aimed at you.

Archived