More smoking restrictions on the way.

If I was applying for Bar work, I would refuse on principle to work in a Pub which allowed smoking on the premises.

The choice is yours,there are plenty of potential bar persons out there who would not have an issue with it.

I would not work in a bar because I would have to put up with obnoxious drunks.

However,I have always worked in industry,so i have come across plenty of chemical fumes of one type or another.

I assume your principles have led you down another path.

My car is for my personal use only and is paid for by myself, While ever my car pumps out exhaust fumes into the atmosphere, I shall continue Enjoying a smoke in my own car. Sod the law and those that are trying to make me a pawn in their own nicey nicey world. Im bad and will stay that way no matter what all the lefties do or say, its my perogative...

Yeah, you tell them.

I think I'll join you by following suit and drinking my beer when driving round.

Beer is legal, and driving's legal. How dare they infringe on my civil liberties!:loopy:

The choice is yours,there are plenty of potential bar persons out there who would not have an issue with it.

I would not work in a bar because I would have to put up with obnoxious drunks.

However,I have always worked in industry,so i have come across plenty of chemical fumes of one type or another.

I assume your principles have led you down another path.

and protected with an appropriate level of Health and Safety?

and protected with an appropriate level of Health and Safety?

An ever changing level of safety,some of which are observed and many not.

Reasonable risks have been the subject of stupid restrictions,and real dangers ignored.

It's all about paying lip service and covering your backs to avoid litigation in this mad world.

Get real

An ever changing level of safety,some of which are observed and many not.

Reasonable risks have been the subject of stupid restrictions,and real dangers ignored.

It's all about paying lip service and covering your backs to avoid litigation in this mad world.

Get real

Sorry, you've lost me.

What do i have to 'Get real' about?

Fortunately the government thinks that the rights of an employee to work in safe environment override a particular lifestyle choice.

But it is quite amusing that several years down the line there are still some who imagine that the majority of people don't appreciate that, and by constantly bleating about it on a forum all the medical experts around the world are going to change their minds and recommend removing the restrictions put in to protect people.

Anyhow what's the point? If what folk post is true there are thousands of "smoker friendly" pubs around where they all go every night and smoke their poison.

You're welcome

Lets face it though, all your rhetoric is purely based on still being annoyed after all these years at not being able to smoke in pubs.

Don't joke about it. There are some that are still annoyed at not being able to smoke in cinemas.

Archived