Call centers just an idea..

With the state of the present UK economy and the rise in overseas call centers to deal with everything and anything customer related, would it not be prudent of the government to subsidise UK only companies to deal with enquiries/complaints to limit the time spent saying "Sorry I didnt understand that" ?

Nothing racist just efficient management of time..

And if you cant deal with that then its your hang up, not mine.

Why would the government need to subsidise UK call centres? If the foreign call centres are no good, then the companies using them will lose customers.

:D

Foreign call centres are perfect, they are designed to annoy you to the point you just can't be arsed to complain, and you can't move because all the competition also uses the same call centres.

That's not true - I work in a call centre in Sheffield and there are quite a lot of others here too

But I imagine far more have gone abroad than there are in the UK. And It's not just call centre's it's processing centres too - mortgage applications, job applications amongst others are now processed abroad rather than here.

yes but why would the government subsidise this? If they were going to subsidise something I'd like to think that it would be something more substantial than a few call centre jobs.

Maybe as an incentive for companies to bring the work they sent abroad back to this country to ease unemployment here? Maybe?

Archived