Call centers just an idea..

I dont have too much of an issue with foreign call centres (though when they hear my accent, they're thrown for a loop!), its all about speaking clearly, slowly and precisely. Think how your own issue would fall on their script and go from there.

The biggest issue with call centres abroad, is that they're not allowed to go off script and trying to configure YOUR issue to what they've been told to do, isnt always the easiest.

I dont think the government should subsidise call centres to all be UK based. It would be nice, but dont think it would be possible. Call centre work isnt for everyone (very few people are really cut out to do the job) and just making them more rampant could drop the level of service provided, instead of improving it.

Maybe as an incentive for companies to bring the work they sent abroad back to this country to ease unemployment here? Maybe?

Thats the point that I was trying to make laineyiow. Local government used to subsidise bus fares, so why not give some incentive to British businesses to keep their trade here and stop our money from leaving the country. Surely that would help the economy a little ?

muldoon

Thats the point that I was trying to make laineyiow. Local government used to subsidise bus fares, so why not give some incentive to British businesses to keep their trade here and stop our money from leaving the country. Surely that would help the economy a little ?

Yes but why call centres? they are essentially dead end jobs. If you were to subsidise something how about something with long term prospects or some decent qualifications for people other than a gnvq in answering the phone? Plus do we really want more telemarketing firms?

Great idea ............ :rolleyes:
Well I'm sorry, but from the dross I've encountered not doing their jobs in minimum wage jobs, I strongly believe market led wages are the way to go anyway. If you're prepared to do a job worth a higher pay rate, then great. If you can't be faffed, do you deserve the same rate of pay as the person at the next desk who's working their fingers off for their pay?

so why not give some incentive to British businesses to keep their trade here and stop our money from leaving the country. Surely that would help the economy a little ?

No the milk snatcher put and end to that idea ( British gas, coal , telecom, steel, rail etc etc all gone) …….. if it don’t pay close it down and sod the consequences.

Archived