Kilner Way Retail Park thread

Lots of shops in here now.

It's working well - so much so - that the right hand turn going up from Hillsbro is causing quite common traffic jams.

I still think the problem is with the first left entry into the carpark when on Kilner Way. It's crap and was crap even when the place wasn't busy.

yes, the car park access does cause a few issues

people turn up the entrance road & immediately see the first left turn into the car parking for Argos, but 2 cars cannot negotiate through this access at the same time, and people coming in seem to be completely oblivious to the fact there's a dozen cars behind them before they decide to let 4 cars out... that then can't go anywhere because the lights are at red... this then has a knock-on effect with traffic backing up on the dual carriageway

I park right up at the far end now, regardless of which shops I'm going to, just makes my life a little easier

• 3 weeks later...

The junctions on to the highway from all of the car parks are ridiculously narrow and it is clear that whoever designed the layout has made a huge mistake here. It is actually impossible for any vehicle to enter or leave the car parking areas if there is another vehicle coming in the opposite direction.

And the OP is correct in that the poor design is causing traffic congestion now that there are more stores open on this development.

The problem could be easily resolved by widening the junctions to / from all the car parks - but it would mean losing a few parking spaces. As there are few occasions throughout the year that the car parks are full, this should not be a problem. The question is - will the owners of the development be prepared to:

a) recognise the problem

b) spend the money to resolve it

I somehow doubt it.