Got a job but still hassled by the jobcentre!

Hit a nerve?

You put your thoughts across, I put mine, is this not debating?

how, exactly have you helped this thread?

ive given a TRUE honest account oh how ive experienced it and what i think would make peoples lives easier

youve given.....................not a lot, just put somebody down for getting a job

yes cos it was part time, cant remember how much i got paid now, was only a couple of hundred pound a week or someat, so you sign on still and get the difference to make it up, plus obviously yer national insurance stamps still get paid etc.

If you was earning £200 per week how come you could sign on and have this amount made up? What was the difference made up to?

ive given a TRUE honest account oh how ive experienced it and what i think would make peoples lives easier

youve given.....................not a lot, just put somebody down for getting a job

Wrong, I have given my honest account of how I see people whinging about having to do something for the money they want to claim from others.

Not very good for a debate if everyone is of the same mind and thoughts IMO

Of course the poor are always targeted by the establishment,it wasn't the poor who got this country in the mess its in now was it,the job centre and this fascist right wing government ought to be ashamed of how they treat the poor of this country.

Wrong, I have given my honest account of how I see people whinging about having to do something for the money they want to claim from others.

Not very good for a debate if everyone is of the same mind and thoughts IMO

melthebel is a bloody hard working lad.

lay off will you?

Thank you for the responses so far. Just to clear up a couple of points that may not have been clear from my original post.

My friend is no longer claiming any jobseekers allowance at all. He has decided to manage wholly on the wages he gets for working 15 hours a week, which is round about £100.

He IS claiming Housing Benefit and reduced rate council tax, but because he is now working he doesn’t get his whole rent paid (as he did when he was claiming JSA), he pays about 60%

So if I’ve read some of these replies correctly, he can claim his housing benefit and council tax reduction through contacting the council at Howden House and thus bypass the jobcentre altogether?

Thank you for the responses so far. Just to clear up a couple of points that may not have been clear from my original post.

My friend is no longer claiming any jobseekers allowance at all. He has decided to manage wholly on the wages he gets for working 15 hours a week, which is round about £100.

He IS claiming Housing Benefit and reduced rate council tax, but because he is now working he doesn’t get his whole rent paid (as he did when he was claiming JSA), he pays about 60%

So if I’ve read some of these replies correctly, he can claim his housing benefit and council tax reduction through contacting the council at Howden House and thus bypass the jobcentre altogether?

Yes, all he has to do is provide his payslips to the council.

Archived