Why is this a hate crime and NOT a racist attack?

And still you miss understand me and fetch links after the fact.

Show me a link to media coverage at the time of the attack and Ill stand corrected, otherwise 'shut ya mush' as we say.

You made the claim. Are you now admitting you lied? You've had all day to refer to the articles you stated confidently reported the crime as being racist. Yet you've found nothing that backs up your claim.

Like I said.

Liar.

You made the claim. Are you no admitting you lied? You've had all day to refer to the articles you stated confidently reported the crime as being racist. Yet you've found nothing that backs up your claim.

Like I said.

Liar.

Lets put this to bed .

What do you think I lied about? please feel free to quote me, but quote me fully.

If you don't get it this time I'm going to block you because your being stupid now.

You're talking rubbish, there were three witnesses to the murder including Brooks

http://www.chronicleworld.org/archive/lawrence/sli-21.htm

A hospital worker told today how a gang of white youths took just 10 seconds to kill student Stephen Lawrence, while another witness said he heard 'cheering' during the attack.

Royston Westbrook had been at the same bus stop as Stephen, 18, and his friend Duwayne Brooks and saw the attackers surround the teenager.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2062214/Stephen-Lawrence-murder-trial-Eyewitness-tells-attack-lasted-just-10-seconds.html

How come you and hard2miss are trying to lie about what happened in a racist murder?

I'm not lying, just asking questions as to why they've only just been convicted. If they did it they deserve to be inside...I've no sympathy for the guilty parties..

Lets put this to bed .

What do you think I lied about? please feel free to quote me, but quote me fully.

I remember the killing of Steven Laurence been all over the news from the off, even though there was no witnesses to say it was racially motivated and was up to the the Police to actually prove it was.

This is complete rubbish from start to finish, you've had all day to offer a shred of evidence for this and you've failed.

I'm not lying, just asking questions as to why they've only just been convicted. If they did it they deserve to be inside...I've no sympathy for the guilty parties..

I think that the Stephen Lawrence Inquiry enquiry was set up to look into why, when these findings are coupled with the passage of time which also makes getting a conviction harder, it explains as to why it took so long for some of the perpetrators to be found.

Why is this classed as a 'hate crime' instead of a 'racist attack' ?

This ties in with a topic already running about racism, but as I want to get to the bottom of this particular question on its own merit I though it better to ask it directly in its own topic.

Why if you are white and attack someone of colour do you have the stigma of 'racist attached to your crime but, as in this instance and the Somalian girls that beat the white girl, if its the other way round its just classed as hate ?

The Somalian girls in my opinion got off scott free because of the lack of mention about it being racial, so this is an issue worth debating.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4112153/17-year-old-boy-Dan-Stringer-battered-by-Asian-hate-mob-in-Manchester.html

Hate crime is any crime motivated by a hateful prejudice. Not simply racism, but crime against bi/gay/transgender people, for instance. Racism is a subset of hate crime. The phrase is not a double standard used to persecute white folk.

The point that eludes me is how can this kid thinks that it was racism and who would know better than him that went off?

The Police should treat this as the crime that is reported to them and the victim thinks it was a racial attack, why are they not as quick to inform the press that this was a racial attack as they are in other cases where there were not even any witnesses?

I remember the killing of Steven Laurence been all over the news from the off, even though there was no witnesses to say it was racially motivated and was up to the the Police to actually prove it was.

I'm sure there is loads of other cases where the police don't mind stating it was racial at press conferences before the CPS has drawn the conclusion on the evidence presented to them, but in the name of 'calming community tensions' in cases like this one the word 'racial' is bypassed it would seem.

So is there a difference depending on the race of the victim from the police's stand point?

Now thats what I said. Where am I lying ?

The highlighted parts show it is my opinion, where is anything stated as fact ?

I Say:I remember the killing of Steven Laurence been all over the news from the off, even though there was no witnesses to say it was racially motivated and was up to the the Police to actually prove it was.

Now until you show me some evidence to remember it different I maintain what I say to be correct. If anyone is not sticking to the facts then its yourself.

If you don't get me then I am tiered of trying to help you understand so I will just ignore you and your stupid comments.

Did I spell any of this incorrectly by the way? You should try decipher my Signature while your at it, maybe that will clear things up for you also.

Now thats what I said. Where am I lying ?

The highlighted parts show it is my opinion, where is anything stated as fact ?

I Say:I remember the killing of Steven Laurence been all over the news from the off, even though there was no witnesses to say it was racially motivated and was up to the the Police to actually prove it was.

Now until you show me some evidence to remember it different I maintain what I say to be correct. If anyone is not sticking to the facts then its yourself.

If you don't get me then I am tiered of trying to help you understand so I will just ignore you and your stupid comments.

Did I spell any of this incorrectly by the way? You should try decipher my Signature while your at it, maybe that will clear things up for you also.

I know, I'm saying how it's funny that yours and Frank's mysterious amnesia always comes down on the side of the racists.

Funny that, innit?

Archived