Why is this a hate crime and NOT a racist attack?

This happened in Rotherham it wasnt just a beating watch one of the attackers jump on the victims head the intention to seriously hurt was there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGhzLwNJbdw

The interesting thing in this case was that a gang of kids beat the nines out of someone and the only mention of it being anything racial, in the reporting, is from one of the lads as part of his defence

They claimed Mr Rocket had been making racist remarks towards them but no evidence was put before the court.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/shocking_broad_daylight_beating_cctv_video_1_282031

If your on your own and there's a gang of Asians I can't see a racist remark being the first thing to come out of your mouth unless you have some sort of death wish. Maybe while getting his head stoved in yeh, but you would not instigate it by shouting something racial to a gang if your out numbered, as I imagine the Judge saw it.

I would like to know if the victim of this offence felt that the attack on him was racial and if he put that view to the police because the reporting on it does not mention it.

The interesting thing in this case was that a gang of kids beat the nines out of someone and the only mention of it being anything racial, in the reporting, is from one of the lads as part of his defence

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/shocking_broad_daylight_beating_cctv_video_1_282031

If your on your own and there's a gang of Asians I can't see a racist remark being the first thing to come out of your mouth unless you have some sort of death wish. Maybe while getting his head stoved in yeh, but you would not instigate it by shouting something racial to a gang if your out numbered, as I imagine the Judge saw it.

I would like to know if the victim of this offence felt that the attack on him was racial and if he put that view to the police because the reporting on it does not mention it.

That’s got to be one of the worst attacks I’ve seen, the gang are lucky they didn’t end up being tried for murder, I assume Craig must be OK because I can’t find anything to the contrary.

Regardless of who does what, which race attacks the other, the point is it looks like, when it comes to media coverage, it is selective about mentioning anything racial in the crime for some.

The fact that the media orchestrates public opinion and Judgements take into consideration public opinion, then on that basis I think it is important that the media is and the police report things as they are and not hold back for fear of public/community outrage as brushing things under the carpet offers a level of protection for one community over another and in its self breeds animosity.

Public opinion and out rage can be one of the strongest measures against people offending in the first place, and if you thing there is going to be some level of protection from that then you may feel the price for the crime is not as high as it could/should be.

Regardless of who does what, which race attacks the other, the point is it looks like, when it comes to media coverage, it is selective about mentioning anything racial in the crime for some.

You've provided no evidence for this.

Let's hope the police treat this case seriously, imagine visiting a cemetary to be faced with racial abuse.

http://www.thepressnews.co.uk/NewsDetails.asp?id=5547

Yeah Dewsbury has got a lot worse than when I lived there.

Since they weren't from there you can't see a reason for it happening and judging by the rest of the story the thugs were unprovoked. Racism, pure and simple.

Archived