Why is this a hate crime and NOT a racist attack?

The four women, who all live in Leicester, were each sentenced to six-month jail terms, suspended for 12 months, at Leicester Crown Court last month.Hibo Maxamed also received a four-month curfew between 9pm and 6am, while the others were ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work.

Yeah, considering what they did I'd say that's pretty much tantamount to getting away scot free.. :roll:

To answer the question in the title, it's just down to the Sun reporter's choice of words.

The Guardian is reporting it as an 'alleged race hate attack' in their headline for the story. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/feb/07/alleged-race-hate-attack-hyde?newsfeed=true The Manchester Evening News uses similar words in their headline.

A 21-year-old man has been arrested after a white teenager was chased and assaulted by a group of young Asian men, in what police have described as a hate crime.

It’s probably more about the guardian not being afraid to say it how it is.

No, it doesn't. You made that up. If a white person assaults a black person it's not assumed automatically to be racist, stop posting rubbish.

You take what I posted out of context, again to try dismiss what I am actually saying with what you wish others to see.

I was trying to clarify a point, now if you will please show the whole quote and ask if your still confused as to what's been said I will elaborate in terms easy enough for you to understand.

Back to the original question before the topic was rudely interrupted by a smoke screener, what is the difference and why ?

To answer the question in the title, it's just down to the Sun reporter's choice of words.

The Guardian is reporting it as an 'alleged race hate attack' in their headline for the story. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/feb/07/alleged-race-hate-attack-hyde?newsfeed=true The Manchester Evening News uses similar words in their headline.

Thank you, I will look.

you take what i posted out of context, again to try dismiss what i am actually saying with what you wish others to see.

I was trying to clarify a point, now if you will please show the whole quote and ask if your still confused as to what's been said i will elaborate in terms easy enough for you to understand.

Back to the original question before the topic was rudely interrupted by a smoke screener, what is the difference and why ?

ferno will twist everything you say and isn't worth the effort.

Why if you are white and attack someone of colour do you have the stigma of 'racist attached to your crime

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4112153/17-year-old-boy-Dan-Stringer-battered-by-Asian-hate-mob-in-Manchester.html

That's easy.

You don't:

06/00, Glynne Agard, 34, Westbury, Wiltshire

On a night out with his brother, Stephen and friend Gary Belgrave, were attacked by a gang of eight who kicked and punched Glynne to death. In July 2001, Wayne King was jailed for four years after pleading guilty to manslaughter. A 21-year-old was jailed for four years for ABH.

The judge said the murder was not racially motivated.

You claimed the Somalian girls got away scot free. That's a lie.

You claimed any white on black attack would automatically be assumed to be racist. This is rubbish too.

This is what I actually said, you see what you wish but others may be able to read and may see what was actually put.

Why if you are white and attack someone of colour do you have the stigma of 'racist attached to your crime but, as in this instance and the Somalian girls that beat the white girl, if its the other way round its just classed as hate ?

The Somalian girls in my opinion got off scott free because of the lack of mention about it being racial, so this is an issue worth debating.

You really should quote what is said in its entirety and in the context of which it was said.

The key point here is its my opinion that they got off scot free, and I thought I was entitled to that.

Did you get that confused with 'here is a direct quote from the tabloids' that they 'got off with it ?

I am still of the opinion that not having their attack on the white girl did get them off scot free, because had that label been put into the mix I assume there is stiffer sentencing.

So if it's only The Sun who called it a "Hate Crime" and the police are treating as racially motivated, this is a bit of non-thread really, isn't it?

According to the guardian and the sun the police are treating it as a hate crime.

BBC also say police are treating it as a hate crime.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-16923075

Archived