Registering a mobile account in someone elses name

Can someone please tell me if i can register a mobile phone account and insurance to someone else so they can take over the payments? I bought my Daughter a mobile in August but i have lost my job and her boyfriend said he will take over paying the contract and insurance for her:help:

Can someone please tell me if i can register a mobile phone account and insurance to someone else so they can take over the payments? I bought my Daughter a mobile in August but i have lost my job and her boyfriend said he will take over paying the contract and insurance for her:help:

Why not just leave it in your name and get the boyfriend to set up a direct debit to cover the cost of the contract ?

I dont think you can change the detials for the insurance, not sure about the contract though.

Cant he just start paying and keep it in your name?

Im pretty sure he can have the DD come out of his account even though its your contract.

In theory this should be quite simple, in practice it is more difficult. I took over the payments of a mobile around a year ago. The guy changed the details over. Yet I keep getting calls from Three asking me if I am the other guy and for a password. It is really annoying! I just get abusive with them now and they hang up.

If it's on contract then you probably can't transfer it as you're the person they credit checked before setting up the contract with you. Like muldoon said the easiest way is just to get your daughters boyfriend to set up a standing order to your account covering the cost of the contract.

If it's on contract then you probably can't transfer it as you're the person they credit checked before setting up the contract with you. Like muldoon said the easiest way is just to get your daughters boyfriend to set up a standing order to your account covering the cost of the contract.

Never thought of that, thanks:thumbsup:

I dont think you can change the detials for the insurance, not sure about the contract though.

Cant he just start paying and keep it in your name?

Im pretty sure he can have the DD come out of his account even though its your contract.

Sweet ! :thumbsup:

Archived