Car parked on road with no tax

If it's sorned it must be kept off the highway. If it has valid licence the disc needs to be displayed.

Normally I wouldn't bother but if the person is obnoxious, as in this case, I'd report it. :)

How's anyone supposed to know who (if anyone) reported it?! Some people must think the neighbours have your 'phone tapped. :roll:

hi all i have just moved house and its on a close.the parking is limited we have a drive but only room for one car.i parked my car further down the close not blocking anyones drive then had aknock at the door from an shall we call old bat.mumping that my car was making it difficult for husband to get his car off the drive .no way was my car making life difficult but i moved it to keep the old get happy.now my predicament is this outside her house on the road is a car with no tax on it.the tax expired last october ,do i phone the police or let it go.who do i contact to get the car moved ?

don't be a grass - its wrong, I do pay road tax by the way aswell, but definitely not bitter, if they get away with it good luck :thumbsup:

don't be a grass - its wrong, I do pay road tax by the way aswell, but definitely not bitter, if they get away with it good luck :thumbsup:

Don't be a grass? Very Gangsta. Think you have been watching too many episodes of the Sopranos.

Will you still be all Gangsta if they crash it into your car and they don't have any valid insurance?

Don't be a grass? Very Gangsta. Think you have been watching too many episodes of the Sopranos.

Will you still be all Gangsta if they crash it into your car and they don't have any valid insurance?

gangsta you havin a laugh or summat ? - muppet !

Oooo, Muppet eh, big words.

Anyway, you forgot to answer the question. If this car with no tax so no valid insurance crashed into you would you still be wining about not being a grass?

How do you know its not insured mr majestic ? maybe the tax ran out before the insurance ?

Haven't read all the thread but is the car being run ? does it move ?

I like to think there's more important things in life than snitching on your new neighbours, some people are just so sad............big sigh !!!!!!!!

How do you know its not insured mr majestic ? maybe the tax ran out before the insurance ?

Haven't read all the thread but is the car being run ? does it move ?

I like to think there's more important things in life than snitching on your new neighbours, some people are just so sad............big sigh !!!!!!!!

It's un-insured because the requirements of a valid policy included a valid "road fund licence" (tax to you and me). Since there is no valid tax on the vehicle, the policy holder is in breach of those requirements which voids the policy.

I have to laugh at EVERY SINGLE POSTER here in this thread that's said not to "grass".

It's that way of thinking that's led to the high levels of crime we have in this godforsaken country. If you know who perpetrated a crime and didn't do your civil & moral duty to report what you know, you're no better than the scumbag who committed the crime.

The irony of it is that if they were the victim of a criminal act they'd be screaming for others to tell what they know of the incident.

Archived