Reporting benefit fraud - dilemma

absolutely, if someone was in danger, I would hope i could risk my own safety, but would I/we?

Well i'm not going to grass a neighbour to social services because she makes her kid wait 5 minutes till J Kyle finishes, but if i suspected real abuse i'd not hesitate.

Can't really think of any other situations i'd grass, maybe if a scummer was burgling old uns, but then again i might just kick his head in instead. :D

It'd have to be something extreme for me to consider it, a child in danger for example.

The thread seems to me to be getting off topic, I'm trying to say that (at a street level) NOTHING (except revenge) will be gained from "grassing" up petty "system cheaters", and even if they are "grassed up" it will probably cost more to prosecute them than they "fiddled", but that aside, the fact they would be left with no money (benefits whatever) would then drive them to crime, which then would have a DIRECT effect on their victims, which could just as easily be any of us.

The thread seems to me to be getting off topic, I'm trying to say that (at a street level) NOTHING (except revenge) will be gained from "grassing" up petty "system cheaters", and even if they are "grassed up" it will probably cost more to prosecute them than they "fiddled", but that aside, the fact they would be left with no money (benefits whatever) would then drive them to crime, which then would have a DIRECT effect on their victims, which could just as easily be any of us.

Well said.

Anyone who refuses to "grass" is basically making it easier for paedophiles. The cops have to investigate everything. If you don't help them, they have to do more work, so they spend less time catching paedophiles. Anyone who says

"Don't grass"

is basically saying

"Help more paedophiles get away with it!"

Anyone who refuses to "grass" is basically making it easier for paedophiles. The cops have to investigate everything. If you don't help them, they have to do more work, so they spend less time catching paedophiles. Anyone who says

"Don't grass"

is basically saying

Play on words :roll:

"Don't grass"

is basically saying

The Jobcentre have a fraud investigation team who (apparently) catch these benefits fraudsters.

"Don't grass"

is basically saying

What a ridiculous thing to say. :loopy:

So if i wouldn't report my neighbour for earning a few quid on the side i'm encouraging pedophilia. ? :huh:

Play on words :roll:

Not really. Lie to the cops, or refuse to help them, then the cops have to investigate. So whilst they're busy checking whether or not what you are saying is true, children are getting abused because the cops are tied up elsewhere.

Well done people who refuse to "grass" to the cops, you're the paedophile's best mate!

Archived