Reporting benefit fraud - dilemma

How does grassing help them to catch paedophiles then? Unless you're grassing up a paedophile?

It means because you've co-operated with the police and helped them they have more resources to devote to catching real scum. Wasting the cops' time is helping some seriously dodgy people evade capture, you must understand this?

It means because you've co-operated with the police and helped them they have more resources to devote to catching real scum. Wasting the cops' time is helping some seriously dodgy people evade capture, you must understand this?

Wasting their time how? By reporting petty crime that isn't doing much immediate harm to anyone, therefore using up police resources on this one criminal when they could be catching a paedophile?

No, I'm sorry, I genuinely don't get your point x

I just don't understand Ferno's point that NOT 'grassing' on someone is wasting police time.

How does not doing anything waste their time, when they don't have to use any time on it?

Are you saying that if people don't report it, then they have to hunt these people down themselves? Not really, as people get away with stuff like benefit fraud forever without police intervention.

It depends. With benefit fraud I couldn't are less. Not my business so long as they leave me alone. But refusing to help the police is stupid.

Benefit fraud is one thing, but I'm sure most people on here, even the ones who said they "wouldn't grass" are applying that to the context of benefit fraud, rather than if they witness a serious crime.

I just don't understand Ferno's point that NOT 'grassing' on someone is wasting police time.

How does not doing anything waste their time, when they don't have to use any time on it?

But you're using logic, something his brain is bereft of. :hihi:

Archived